Total views : 138
A Potential and Proficient Relay Node Selection (PPRS) Mechanism for MANET Performance Enhancement
Objectives: The main objective is to propose a Potential and Proficient Relay Node Selection (PPRS) Mechanism for progressing MANET Performance. Method/Analysis: Although, Routing issues are under constant study for many years now already. The literature shows that the issue of performance lacking in highly dynamic MANETs has not been completely eliminated. Consequently, the main method adapted by PPRS mechanism is the individual next hop selection consecutively along with the estimation of success probability for selecting that node. Findings: The consequent and persistent next hop selection builds up MANET routes while assuring great communication statistics even under highly dynamic conditions. Novelty/Improvement: The performance of the PPRS mechanism is contrasted with existing EDEAR mechanism using simulations in the network simulator.
Energy, MANET, Mobility, Relay Node, Throughput.
- Loo J, Mauri JL, Ortiz JH. Mobile ad hoc networks: Current status and future trends. CRC Press; 2011.
- Haas ZJ, Deng J, Liang B, Papadimitratos P, Sajama S. Wireless ad hoc networks. Encyclopedia of Telecommunications; 2002.
- Chlamtac I, Conti M, Liu JJN. Mobile ad hoc networking: Imperatives and challenges. Ad hoc Networks. 2003; 1(1):13–64.
- Goyal P, Parmar V, Rishi R. Manet: Vulnerabilities, challenges, attacks, application. International Journal of Computational Engineering and Management. 2011; 11(2011):32–7.
- Satyanarayana D, Rao SV. Link failure prediction QoS routing protocol for MANET. IET-UK International Conference on Information and Communication Technology in Electrical Sciences (ICTES 2007); 2007 Dec. p. 1031–6).
- Adams A, Nicholas J, Siadak W. Protocol independent multicast-dense mode (PIM-DM): Protocol specification (revised) (No. RFC 3973); 2004.
- Ballardie T, Francis P, Crowcroft J. Core Based Trees (CBT). ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review. 1993 Oct; 23(4):85–95.
- Wang Z, Chen Y, Li C. PSR: A lightweight proactive source routing protocol for mobile ad hoc networks. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2014; 63(2):859–68.
- Clausen T, Jacquet P, Adjih C, Laouiti A, Minet P, Muhlethaler P, Viennot L. Optimized Link State Routing protocol (OLSR); 2003.
- Biswas S, Morris R. Opportunistic routing in multi-hop wireless networks. ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review. 2004; 34(1):69–74.
- Perkins CE, Bhagwat P. Highly dynamic Destination-Sequenced Distance-Vector routing (DSDV) for mobile computers. ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review. 1994 Oct; 24(4):234–44.
- Johnson, DB, Maltz DA. Dynamic source routing in ad hoc wireless networks. Mobile Computing. Springer US; 1996. p. 153–81.
- Kumari DS, Sikamani KT. Communication based Clustering to detect selfish nodes in MANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(20).
- Akhtar MAK, Sahoo G. Behavior based high performance protocol for MANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013; 6(10):5342–50.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.