Total views : 483
Smart City Based on NDNoT: The Future of IoT
The paper shows the model for Smart City based on Named Data Network (NDN). In country like India an effective model based on NDN like ours will be very useful for managing traffics. Methods/Analysis: NDN is an upcoming technology, which is believed that it will replace Internet. The Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) will exhaust with the growing rate of connected devices. The paper proposes a complete model based on Named Data Networking of Things (NDNoT) expanding the idea of Internet of Things (IoT) for not only managing the traffic but also for helping accidental cases. The model uses sensors to convey information to the cloud server from where it can be distributed to concerned authorities and person using NDN as the infrastructure. The paper covers the whole algorithm for designing the model. Findings: Issues like Security, Congestion, Routing, Reliability and Speed are improved to an extend in NDNoT as compared to the models based on IoT due to its principles of allocations depending on Hierarchal names with signatures. Improvement: The model can be practically implemented using NDN.
Internet of Things, Named Data Network (NDN), Named Data Network of Things (NDNoT), Smart City.
- Beal V. What is The Difference Between IPv6 and IPv4? http://www.webopedia.com. 12/12/15.
- ZangL, Tsudik G, Wang L. Named Data Networking Project. PARC Tech. Report. 2010.
- Anand A, Sekar V, Akella A.Smart RE. An Architecture for Coordinated Network-wide Redundancy Elimination. Proceedings of SIGCOMM’09. 2009 Aug; 39(4):87-98.
- Yuan H, Crowley P. Experimental Evaluation of Content Distribution with NDN and HTTP. Proceedings of Infocom. Turin, 2013 April, p. 240-44
- Popa L, Ghodsi A, Stoica I. HTTP as the Narrow Waist of the Future Internet. Proceedings of Hotnets’10, 2010 Oct; p. 1-6.
- Li Z, Liu K, Zhao Y, Ma Y. MaPIT. An Enhanced Pending Interest Table for NDN with Mapping Bloom Filter. IEEE Communications Letters. 2014 Sep.
- Shokrollahi A, Raptor Codes. Information Theory for Wireless Networks, IEEE Information Theory Workshop, 2007.
- Anastasiades C, Thomas N, Striffeler A, Braun T. RC-NDN: Raptor codes enabled named data networking. IEEE ICC Mobile and Wireless Networking Symposium, London, 2015 June, p .3026-32.
- Network Longest Prefix matching.www.satckoverflow.com. 02/01/16.
- ACM ICN 2014 - NDN Tutorial 1. www.vimeo.com. 10/12/15
- Saxena D, Raychoudhury V, SriMahathi N. SmartHealth-NDNoT. Named Data Network of Things for Healthcare Services. Science of Security (SoS) Newsletter, 2015 Sep.
- Ohsugi K, Takemasa J, Koizumi Y, Hasegawa T, PsarasI. Power Consumption Model of NDN-based Multi core Software Router based on Detailed Protocol Analysis. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. 2016 Jan; 34(5):1631-44.
- Sindhuja P, Balmurgan M. Smart Power Monitoring and Control System through Internet of things using Cloud Data Storage. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(18).
- Vetriselvi V, Sugadev C, Manimurugesan P, Vignesh NT, Prabha Rani P. E-mail Application on Named Data Networking using Long Lived Interest, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 2016 Feb; 9(8).
- Prakash M, Gowshika U, Ravichandran T. A Smart Device Integrated with an Android for Alerting a Person’s Health Condition: Internet of Things. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(6).
- Madhumitha P, Johnsema B, Manivannan D. Domination of Constrained Application Protocol: A Requirement Approach for Optimization of Internet of Things in Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(3).
- Won-Shik Na, Seok-HoonKim. An Efficient Data Forwarding Scheme for Internet of Things in Wi-Fi Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(S8).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.