Total views : 303
Low Temperature Synthesis and Annealing effect of Transparent ZnO Thin Films on ITO Substrate by Sol-Gel Method
Objectives: Transparent Zinc oxide (ZnO) thin films to be prepared and annealed on the Indium tin oxide - ITO substrate using simple solution gel dip coating technique. Methods/Analysis: Thin films have been carried out by different characterization techniques such as X-ray diffractometer - XRD, Scanning Electron Microscopy - SEM, Energy dispersive analysis - EDAX, UV spectroscopic and FTIR spectroscopy. In the contemporary work, the ZnO films have been prepared on ITO substrate by dipping in the solution and annealed at the 300 °C. Findings: XRD pattern reveals that the annealed thin film is standard wurtzite zinc oxide hexagonal structure. SEM Morphological studies have been investigated using scanning electron microscopy and the elemental analysis confirmed by EDAX. Optical measurement shows the greatly transparent and the thin films are direct energy gap Eg of 3.70eV. FTIR confirm the metal oxide bond in the molecular structure. Novelty/Improvement: This research work helps for the future researcher’s preparation of undoped Zinc oxide thin film for solar cell applications.
ITO Substrate, Sol-Gel Method, ZnO Thin Film
- Ganesh T, Rajesh S, Xavier FP. Photo conducting and photo response studies on multilayered thin films of aluminium doped zinc oxide.Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2012; 3:0974– 6846.
- Ozturk S, Kilinc N, Tasaltin N, Ozturk ZZ. A comparative study on the NO2 gas sensing properties of ZnO thin films, nanowires and nanorods. Thin Solid Films. 2011; 520:932– 8.
- Deuk-Hee Lee E, Park K-H, Kim S, Lee SY. Effect of Ag doping on the performance of ZnO thin film transistor. Thin Solid Films. 2011; 520:1160–4.
- Rath JK, Liu Y, de Jong MM, de Wild J, Schuttauf JA, Brinza M, Schropp REI. Transparent conducting oxide layers for thin film silicon solar cells. Thin Solid Films. 2010; 518:e129–35.
- Deshmukh AV, Date SK, Sathe VG, Adhi KP. Effect of Ga doping on micro/structural, electrical and optical properties of pulsed laser deposited ZnO thin films. Thin Solid Films. 2011; 520:1212–7.
- Salaun A, Hamilton JA, Iacopino D, Newcomb SB, Nolan MG, Padmanabha SC, Salaun M,
- Pemble ME. The incorporation of preformed metal nanoparticles in zinc oxide thin film aerosol assisted chemical vapour deposition. Thin Solid Films. 2010; 518:6921–6.
- Pau JL, Scheffler L, Hernandez MJ, Cervera M, Piqueras J. Preparation of zinc tin oxide films by reactive magnetron sputtering of Zn on liquid Sn. Thin Solid Films. 2010; 518:6752–5.
- Muhammed GS. Efficiency enhancement of crystalline silicon solar cell by the deposition of undoped ZnO thin film. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011; 6:0974– 6846.
- Mohammadi M, Rezaee Rokn-Abadi M, Arabshahi H. Investigations on impact of post-heat temperature on structural, optical and electrical properties of Al-doped ZnO thin films prepared by sol-gel method. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2010 Feb; 2:0974–6846.
- Krishna Shyla K, Natarajan N. Customizing Zinc Oxide, Silver and Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles for enhancing Groundnut Seed Quality. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014; 7(9):1376–81.
- O’Brien S, Copuroglu M, Tassie P, Nolan MG, Hamilton JA. The effect of dopants on the morphology, microstructure and electrical properties of transparent zinc oxide films prepared by the sol-gel method. Thin Solid Films. 2011; 520:1174–7.
- Wang T, Liu Y, Fang Q, Wu M, Sun X, Lu F. Low temperature Synthesis wide optical band gap Al and (Al, Na) co-doped ZnO thin films. Applied Surface Science. 2011; 257:2341–5.
- Sharma SK, Inamdar AI, Hyunsik IM, Kim BG, Patil PS. Morphology dependent dye-sensitized solar cell properties of nanocrystalline zinc oxide thin films. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2011; 509:2127–31.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.