Total views : 237
Comparative Analysis of Pathology of Introduced and Indigenous Tree Species in Urban Plantings of Voronezh
One of the problems of urban planting is the necessity for choosing between indigenous and introduced tree species. Under conditions of Voronezh, Russia, the ratio is 1:4 in favor of the former, though the many years’ experience shows that it is not substantiated from the perspective of vital capacity of trees in urban environment. The conducted research showed that the most popular introducents in the city (common horse chestnut, Lombardy poplar) are in better condition than the indigenous species (tillet, drooping birch, Norway maple). This difference is especially seen in linear, street, and riverside plantings.
Indigenous Tree Species, Introducents, Pathological Characteristics of Trees, Tree Pathologies, Urban Plantings.
- Vorontsov A. Forest Pathology. Forest industry: Moscow, 1978.
- Gurieva E. Condition and stability of plantings of Voronezh. News of higher educational institutions. The North Caucasus region. Series: Engineering. 2008, 124-126.
- Danilov A. Dendroflora of green spaces of Voronezh. News Voronezh branch of the All-Union Botanical Society. 1960, 35-38.
- Guide on planning, organization and management of forest pathology examinations. VNIIClesresurs: Moscow. 2007.
- Tsaralunga V. Peculiarities of pathology of tree species in plantations of Voronezh. Modern problems of science and education. 2013.
- Makhelouf A. The effect of green spaces on urban climate and pollution. Iranian Journal of Environmental Health Science and Engineering. 2009; 6 (1):35-40.
- Sukopp H. Urban environments and vegetation. Man’s Impact on Vegetation. 1993, 247-260.
- Pranuthi I.G., Dubey S.K.., Tripathi S.K., Chandniha S.K.. Trend and Change Point Detection of Precipitation in Urbanizing Districts of Uttarakhand in India. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(10):1573– 1582.
- Al Abdoulhadi I.A., Al Al S.I., Khurshid K., Al Shryda F., AlJabr A.M., Ben Abdallah A. Assessing Fruit Characteristics to Standardize Quality Norms in Date Cultivars of Saudi Arabia. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011 Oct; 4(10):1-5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.