Total views : 322
Performance Analysis of HSRP in Provisioning Layer-3 Gateway Redundancy for Corporate Networks
The network functionaries incorporate and core networks aim to provide 99.999% reliability to their networks. The most preferred way to achieve this is to provide dynamic routing to the network. If the router gateway is disrupted by port failure, network administrator should manually configure the route in which packets are being forwarded. By using Hot Stand Routing Protocol (HSRP), it simultaneously adapts new route, which provides redundancy to the network with reduced packet loss. In this paper, our aim is to calculate the difference in number of packets lost when router with gateway is disrupted in the network by combining HSRP with Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) protocol. By using this combined technique, we can reduce the packet loss to maximum extent thereby increasing the reliability. The simulation results provide best route when HSRP is combined with OSPF than the existing technique without HSRP.
Convergence, Gateway, HSRP, OSPF, Reliability, Routing.
- Persis DJ, Robert TP. Ant based multi-objective routing optimization in Mobile Ad-Hoc Network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(9):875–88.
- Abdulsaheb GM, Khalaf OI, Sulaiman N, Zmezm HF, Zmezm H. Improving ad hoc network performance by using an efficient cluster based routing algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(30):1–8.
- Anand V, Sairam N. Methodologies for addressing the performance issues of routing in Mobile Ad hoc Networks: A Review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15):1–10.
- Yesodha R, Amudha T. A study on bio-inspired metaheuristics for solving vehicle routing problem. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(25):1–9.
- Park HW, Yeo IY, Jang H, Kim NG. Study on the impact of big data traffic caused by the unstable routing Protocol. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 2015 Mar; 8(S5):59–62. Doi no: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8iS5/61480.
- Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_ Shortest_Path_First
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.