Total views : 393
Comparison of Performance Measures for PV based Super-Lift Luo-Converter using Hybrid Controller with Conventional Controller
Objectives: The paper presents design and analyze of PV based Super-lift Luo converter with different controllers in the modern technology of DC-DC converter. Methods: The Luo converter provides output voltage which is positive from positive source voltage. By using this converter power density obtained is high with less ripple content in voltage and current profile. It is proven from the Mathematical modeling that the output voltage increases in geometric progression, thereby efficiency of the converter increases. The controller parameters in PI controller are tuned using Ziegler Nichols tuning algorithm. The paper proposes a design of hybrid controller which gives good transient performance compared with conventional PI controller. Findings: Using Simulink the proposed converter with its control circuit is implemented. The main advantage of this proposed converter based on photo voltaic system is that it produces voltages increasing in geometric progression. The converter has proved to be robustness around the operating point. In various operating condition, the dynamic performance with input voltage variations and load fluctuation is good. The simulation performance closely coincides with the theoretical analysis. The settling time and overshoot obtained using hybrid controller is compared with fuzzy controller and conventional controller and it is proven that hybrid controller has good dynamic performance. The real time implementation with solar PV cell is also carried out. Applications/Improvements: The converter finds wide application in switch mode power supply and speed control of DC motors.
Fuzzy Logic Controller, Peak Overshoot, Photo Voltaic (PV) Cells, PI Controller, Settling Time, Super Lift Converter.
- Shan Z-L. Investigation of a super-lift luo-converter used in solar panel system. China International Conference on Electricity Distribution. 2012 Sep; 1–4.
- Bharathi ML, Kirubakaran D. Comparative study on solar powered interleaved boost converter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(3):270–9.
- Reddy PRK, Kumar SG, Sandeep K, Arun N. LMI control of conventional boost converter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(S2):50–2.
- Rashid MH. Power electronics: Circuits, devices and applications. 3rd ed. New Delhi: Pearson Education, PHI; 2004.
- Rohini G, Jamuna V. Dynamic analysis of positive output super lift converter. 2012 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES); 2012.
- Luo FL,Ye H. Advanced DC/DC converters. Boca Raton. FL, USA: CRC Press; 2004.
- LUO FL, Luo converters – Voltage lift technique. Proceedings of the IEEE Power Electronics Special Conference IEEE-PESC’98; Fukuoka, Japan. 1998. p. 1783–9.
- Shan Z-L, Liu S, Luo FL. Investigation of a super-lift luo-converter used in solar panel system. 2012 China International Conference on Electricity Distribution; 2012.
- Luo FL, Ye H. Positive output super lift converters. IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics. 2003; 18(1):105–13.
- Rohini G, Jamuna V. Dynamic analysis of positive output super lift converter. IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics. 2012 Dec; p. 1–5.
- Luo. Split-capacitor and split-inductor techniques and their application in positive-output super-lift luo converters. Industrial Electronics, 2012.
- Elangovan K. Design and simulation of PI control for paralleled positive output elementary luo converters for distributed power supplies. 2006 IEEE Power India Conference; 2006.
- Ogata K. Modern control engineering. 5th ed. New Delhi: Pearson Education. PHI; 2012.
- Comines P, Munro N. PID controllers: Recent tuning methods and design to specification. IEEE Proc Control Theory Application. 2001; 149(1):46–53.
- Ma G-F. A nonlinear controller design based on the interpolation chart. 2006 SICE-ICASE International Joint Conference; 2006 Oct.
- Ross T. Fuzzy logic with engineering applications. 3rd ed.
- Vijayarajeswaran R. TMS320F2407 DSP based fuzzy logic controller for negative output luo re-lift converter: Design, simulation and experimental evaluation. 2005 International Conference on Power Electronics and Drives Systems; 2005.
- Padmaloshani P. Development of neuro controller for negative output self-lift luo converter. 2006 1st IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications; 2006 May.
- Vijayarajeswaran R. TMS320F2407 DSP Based Fuzzy Logic Controller for Negative Output Luo Re-Lift Converter: Design, Simulation and Experimental Evaluation”,2005 International Conference on Power Electronics and Drives Systems, 2005.
- Anbumalar S. Development of fuzzy logic control for paralleled positive output elementary luo Converters. 2006 1st IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications; 2006 May.
- Baghramian A, Eshyani HG. Fuzzy controller of luo converter for controlling of DC motors speed. 4th Annual International Power Electronics Drive Systems and Technologies Conference; 2013.
- Abdessemed R. A fuzzy self-tuning PI controller for speed control of induction motor drive. Proceedings of 2003 IEEE Conference on Control Applications CCA; 2003.
- Kumar BM. Ravi G, Chakrabarti R. Hybrid speed control of sensorless brushless DC motor with fuzzy-based estimation. IUP Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. 2011; 4(2);21–41.
- Namnabat M, Poodeh MB, Eshtehardiha S. Comparison the control methods in improvement the performance of the DC-DC Converter. The 7th International Conference on Power Electronics; 2007 Oct. p. 246–51.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.