Total views : 261
Design of Hierarchical Trust based Efficient Cluster Head Selection in WSN (HTECH)
Objectives: Due to restricted computational power and energy resources, aggregation of data from multiple Sensor Nodes (SNs) secure routing is a significant problem because of highly susceptible in WSNs (Wireless Sensor Networks). Hence ascertaining trustworthiness of data is vital for WSNs. Group-based Trust Management Scheme (GTMS) introduced the trust that depends on direct and indirect monitoring. However, it consumes more energy to communicate the data transmission in WSNs. The main objective of this paper is to transmit the data through the trust node and secure data transmission in WSNs. Methods: The cluster head plays an important role in the cluster-based network. In this paper, we propose Design of Hierarchical Trust based Efficient Cluster Head Selection in WSN (HTECH) which demonstrates the Cluster Head (CH) selection process based on Trust based routing in WSN. This trust is evaluated based on node cooperativeness, Unselfishness, honest and data transmission rate. Findings: The trust evaluation is used to avoid the malicious and selfish node present in the routing path. Thus, this method provides a realistic and secure approach to choose a shortest path in all trusted path. The simulation results shows that the HTECH scheme reduce both packet loss rate, delay, and improve the throughput in WSNs. Improvements: The HTECH trust routing remove the untrustworthy nodes in order to obtain a reliable passage delivery route also reduce the energy consumption when compared to the existing method.
Clustering, Selfishness, Cooperativeness, Trust Routing, WSNs.
- Akyildiz IF, Melodia T, Chowdhury KR. A survey on wireless multimedia sensor networks. Computer Networks. 2007; 51(4):921-60.
- Safa H, Artail H, Tabet D. A cluster-based trust-aware routing protocol for mobile ad hoc networks. Wireless Networks. 2010; 16(4):969-84.
- Amine D, Nasr-Eddine B, Abdelhamid L. A distributed and safe weighted clustering algorithm for mobile wireless sensor networks. Procedia Computer Science. 2015; 52:641-6.
- Hai TH, Huh EN, Jo M. A lightweight intrusion detection framework for wireless sensor networks. Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing. 2010; 10(4):55972.
- Xi C, Liang S, Jianfeng M, Zhuo MA. A trust management scheme based on behavior feedback for opportunistic networks. Communications, China. 2015; 12(4):117-29.
- Bao F, Chen IR, Chang M, Cho JH. Hierarchical trust management for wireless sensor networks and its applications to trust-based routing and intrusion detection. IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management. 2012; 9(2):169-83.
- Liu K, Abu-Ghazaleh N, Kang KD. Location verification and trust management for resilient geographic routing. Journal of Parallel Distributed Computing. 2007; 67(2):215–28.
- Bao F, Chen IR, Chang M, Cho JH. Trust-based intrusion detection in wireless sensor networks. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC); Kyoto. 2011. p. 1–6.
- Kim TK, Seo HS. A trust model using fuzzy logic in wireless sensor network. Proceedings of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology; 2008. p. 1051-4.
- Xia H, Jia Z, Ju L, Zhu Y. Trust management model for mobile ad hoc network based on analytic hierarchy process and fuzzy theory. IET Wireless Sensor Systems. 2011; 1(4):248-66.
- Jain YK, Sharma NK. Secure trust based dynamic source routing in MANETs. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research. 2012; 3(8):1-7.
- Gaur M S, Pant B. Impact of Signal-Strength on Trusted and Secure Clustering in Mobile Pervasive Environment. Procedia Computer Science. 2015; 57:178-88.
- Ho J-W, Wright M, Das SK. Zone Trust: Fast zone-based node compromise detection and revocation in wireless sensor networks using sequential hypothesis testing. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing. 2012; 9(4):494 –11.
- Roopashree HR, Kanavalli A. SARDS: Secured Anonymous Routing with Digital Signature in wireless sensor network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(7):1-12.
- Vijayan K, Raaza A. A novel cluster arrangement energy efficient routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(2):1-9.
- Shaikh RA, Jameel H, d'Auriol BJ, Lee H, Lee S, Song Y. Group-based trust management scheme for clustered wireless sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2009; 20(11):1698–12.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.