Total views : 329
Autonomous Accident Detection and Information System
Now-a-days accident happens frequently, due to poor emergency facilities there are loss of human lives. The proposed system provides a solution to this drawback. An accelerometer sensor monitors the acceleration of the vehicle. A threshold value is fixed. If there is any change in vehicle’s tilt position, orientation and if it is acceleration value is above the threshold value. Immediately it sends signal to the microcontroller. A GSM module is activated and it sends the pre-stored message to the emergency contacts such as relatives, hospitals, police station.
Accelerometer Sensor, Accident Detection, GSM Module.
- Bagade AP. Cell phone usage while driving avoidance with GSM-RF based accident emergency alert system. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Communications Engineering. 2013 May; 2(5):2190–6.
- Mane A, Rana J. Vehicle collision recognition and monitoring system based on AVR Platform. International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science. 2014; 2(6):540–5.
- Grzeszczyk R, Merkisz J, Bogus P, Kaminski T. Methods and procedures for testing the E-Call in vehicle unit for the purpose of its performance assessment and certification. 2009 Jun. p. 1–10.
- Kau LJ, Chen CS. A Smartphone based pocket fall accident detection, positioning and rescue system. IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics. 2014; 19(1):44–56.
- Monisha R, Leo JJ, Sri Sakthi BTT. Car authentication and accident intimation system using GPS and GSM. Interantional Journal of Innovative Research Computer and Communications Engineering. 2014; 2(1):1–7.
- Jeevagan N, Santosh P, Berlia R, Kandoi S. RFID based vehicle identification during collisions. Global Humanitarian Technology Conference; 2014. p. 1–5.
- Goud V, Padmaja V. Vehicle accident automatic detection and remote alarm device. International Journal of Reconfigurable and Embedded Systems. 2012; 1(2):49–54.
- Sunrom Technologies. 2015. Available from: http://www. sunrom.com/p/gsm-modem- rs232-sim900 2015. Available from: http://www.nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov.pdf/esv/esv16/982003/ pdf
- The Internet of Things (IOT). 2012. Available from: https://www.ida.gov.sg/~/media/Files/Infocomm%20 Lands cape/Technolog y/TechnologyRoadmap/ InternetOfThings.pdf
- Amin MS, Reaz MBI, Nasir SS, Bhuiyan MRS. Low Cost GPS/IMU integrated accident detection and location system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(10). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i10/80221.
- Visu P, Varunkumar KA, Srinivasan R, Vinoth Kumar R. Brainwave based accident avoidance system for drowsy drivers. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i3/86381.
- Dalip, Kumar V. Effect of environmental parameters on GSM and GPS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(8). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2014/v7i8/47714.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.