Total views : 353
Nano Fluid in Water as Base Fluid in Flat-Plate Solar Collectors with an Emphasis on Heat Transfer
Objectives: The objective of this paper is to review the heat transfer of Nano fluid in water as a base fluid in Flat-Plate Solar Collectors, and provide an optimal solution to improve the heat transfer. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This study used a sample of the heat exchanger consists of three small solar collectors which a copper tube passes from each of them, and there is a surface area the size of 1*0.15m2. The current cycle was analyzed using the amount of energy stored to transfer the heat. Findings: In constant Reynolds number, the convective heat transfer coefficient of Nano-fluids in the heat-absorbing pipes (with concentration 1000ppm) is slightly greater than that used the water as working fluid. Also in the concentration 10000ppm, this rate is doubled. Application: The findings concluded that the use of Nano-fluid in flatplate solar collector reduces the total heat loss coefficient of solar collector, and obtains the amount of more heat energy.
Heat Transfer, Nano Fluid in Water, Solar Collectors, Silver Nano Fluids.
- Sadus RJ. Molecular Simulation of Fluids: Theory, Algorithms and Object-Orientation Elsevier: Amsterdam, 1999.
- Arima T, Yamasaki S, Idemitsu K, Inagaki Y. Equilibrium and no equilibrium molecular dynamics simulations of heat conduction in uranium oxide and mixed uranium–plutoniumoxide. Journal of Nuclear Materials. 2008; 376(2):139–45.
- Maruyama S. A molecular dynamics simulation of heat conduction in finite length SWNTs. Physica B. 2002; 323(1-4):193–95.
- Rosjorde A, Kjelstrup S, Bedeaux D, Hafskjold B. Non equilibrium Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Steady-State Heat and Mass Transport in Condensation. II. Transfer Coefficients. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. 2001; 240(1):355–64.
- Rahmati M, Modarress H. Nitrogen adsorption on  Nano porous zeolites studied by Grand Canonical Monte Carlo Simulation. Journal of Molecular Structure: THEOCHEM. 2009; 901(1-3):110–16.
- Li X, Zhu D. Evaluation on dispersion behavior of the aqueous copper Nano suspensions. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. 2007; 310(2):456–63.
- Beck MP, Sun T, Teja AS. The thermal conductivity of alumina nanoparticles dispersed in ethylene glycol. Fluid Phase Equilibria. 2007; 260(2):275–78.
- Anderson B. Solar energy: fundamentals in building design, McGraw-Hill: New York, 1977.
- Kalogirou S. The potential of solar industrial process heat applications. Applied Energy. 2003; 76(4):337–61.
- Hematian A, Ajabshirchi Y, Bakhtiari AA. Experimental analysis of flat plate solar air collector efficiency. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 Aug; 5(8):3183–87.
- Shyu RJ, Lin JY, Fang LJ. Thermal analysis of tank height stratified storage tanks, ASME. J Solar Energy Engineering. 1989; 111(1):54–61.
- Sadafi MH, Hsseine R, Bagheri A. Multi-objective optimization of solar thermal energy storage using hybrid of particle swarm optimization, multiple crossover and mutation operator. International Journal of Engineering. 2011; 24(3):366–76.
- Otanicar P, Phelan E. Nano-fluid based direct absorption solar collector. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy. 2010; 2(3):1–14.
- Timofeeva EV. Nano-fluids for Heat Transfer- Potential and Engineering Strategies, Two Phase Flow, Phase Change and Numerical Modelling. 2001; 1–17.
- Pugh S, Clausing D, Andrade R. Creating innovative products using total design: the living legacy of Stuart Pugh, Addison-Wesley Longmann Pub. Co: USA, 1996.
- Sivakumar K, Krishna Mohan N, Sivaraman B. Performance analysis of elliptical heat pipe solar collector. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011 Jan; 4(1):4–7.
- Karimipour A, Alipour H, Akbari OA, Toghraie Semiromi D, Hemmat Esfe M. Studying the effect of indentation on flow parameters and slow heat transfer of water-silver nano-fluid with varying volume fraction in a rectangular two-dimensional micro channel. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15):1–13.
- Shakiba A, Gorji M. Investigation of heat transfer of the silver Nano-fluid in the flat-plate solar collectors. The first International Conference on Solar Energy, Iran, 2014. p. 1924–41.
- Murshed SMS, Leong KC, Yang C. Therrmophysical and electro kinetic properties of Nano-fluids - A critical review. Applied Thermal Engineering. 2008; 28(17-18):2109–25.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.