Total views : 289
Analysis of Asymmetrical Cascaded Multi-Cell Multilevel Inverter Employing Multicarrier Level Shifting PWM Technique on Different Loads
Background: Multilevel inverters are very exciting alternative for intermediate and other high power drives. The Multicell group is widely growing owing to its advantages such as simplicity in circuit configuration with modularity and expandable. This paper proposes a new circuit configuration of 15 level cascaded H bridge Multicell Inverter which is the mixed form of flying capacitor and cascaded group. Methods: This work suggests a novel structure of new multilevel multicell inverter. The conventional structure uses two positive switch and two negative switch. Here the proposed inverter uses only one positive switch and only one negative switch. The circuit with one DC voltage along with one positive and negative switch forms a cell. Interconnection of more than one cells form multicell structure which is used to generate multilevel output. This multilevel inverter uses asymmetric voltage sources to produce multiple levels at the output. Here, Level Shifting Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) system is used to generate the switching signals to the inverter. Findings: The simulation of the proposed work shown with few number of semiconductor switches, is capable of achieving 15 levels at the output. Incorporating the Level Shifting PWM technique, the Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) has been reduced. Application: The proposed Multicell Multilevel inverter is used to drive the induction motor. Further controllers like PI, Fuzzy and Neuro can be added to reduce the THD and to develop the power quality.
Asymmetric Voltage Sources, Level Shifting Pulse Width Modulation (LSPWM), Multicell, Multilevel Inverter, Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
- Murugesan M, Ramani K, Thangavel S. A Hybrid Multilevel Inverter with Reduced Number of Switches for Induction Motor Drive. African Journal of Scientific Research. 2011; 4(1):1-15
- Murugesan M, Sakthivel R, Muthukumaran E, Sivakumar R. Sinusoidal PWM Based Modified Cascaded Multilevel Inverter. International Journal of Computational Engineering Research (IJCER). 2012; 2(2):529-39.
- Ahmed RA, Mekhilef S, Ping HW. New multilevel inverter topology with reduced number of Switches. In: Proceedings of the 14th International Middle East Power Systems Conference (MEPCON’10), Cairo University, Egypt; 2010 Dec. p. 565-70.
- Lade HK, Gupta P, Shrivastava A. Modelling and Simulation of Three-phase Induction Motor Fed by an asymmetrically Configured Hybrid Multilevel Inverter. International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science. 2013 Dec; 2(12):3566-71.
- Jithin JI, Benuelsathish Raj A. A New Topology For A Single Phase 21 Level Multi Level Inverter Using Reduced Number of Switches. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT). 2013; 2(2):1-6.
- Patel D, Chaudhari HN, Chandwani H, Damle A. Analysis and Simulation of Asymmetrical Type Multilevel Inverter using Optimization Angle Control Technique. International Journal of Advanced Electrical and Electronics Engineering, (IJAEEE). 2012; 1(3):81-86.
- Belkamel H, Mekhilef S, Masaoud A, Naeim MA. Novel three-phase asymmetrical cascaded multi level voltage source inverter. IET Power Electronics. 2013; 6(8):1696706.
- Mahalakshmi G, Jeyalakshmi P. Analysis of 31 level cascade inverter using MATLAB. International Journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology (IJAET). 2013 Nov; 6(5):2093.
- Ramu J, Prakash SJV, SatyaSrinivasu K, Pattabhi Ram RND,Vishnu Prasad M, Hussain M. Comparison between Symmetrical and Asymmetrical Single Phase Seven Level Cascade H-Bridge Multilevel Inverter with PWM Topology. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Sciences and Engineering (IJMSE). 2012; 3(4):16-20.
- Kumar N, Gupta S, Phulambrikar SP. A Novel Three-Phase Multilevel Inverter Using Less Number of Switches. International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT). 2013; 2(4):157-60.
- Puviarasi R, Dhanasekaran D. Interleaved Boost Converter Fed DC Machine with Zero Voltage Switching and PWM Technique. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(4). Doi no: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i4/60433
- Arul Kumar P, Subramaniam N. P. Chaotic Triangular Carrier Based Non-Deterministic SPWM Strategy for Voltage Source Inverter Drives. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(9). Doi no: 10.17485/ijst/2015/ v8i9/60075
- E. Nanda Kumar, R. Dhanasekaran, R. Mani ,“Optimal Location and Improvement of Voltage Stability by UPFC using Genetic Algorithm (GA)”,Indian Journal of Science and Technology,2015 June, 8(11), Doi no:10.17485/ijst/2015/ v8i11/71778
- Prabhakaran G, Kannan V. Design and Analysis of High Gain, Low Power and Low Voltage a-Si TFT based Operational Amplifier. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 July; 8(16). Doi no: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i16/59228
- Soumya V, Raghavendra Shirodkar, Prathiba A, Kanchana Bhaaskaran VS. Design and Implementation of a Generic CORDIC Processor and its Application as a Waveform Generator. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(18). Doi no:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i19/76856
- Aslam P, Memon M. Aslam Uqaili, Zubair A, Memon A, Asif Ali, Ahsan Zafar. Combined Novel Approach of DWT and Feedforward MLP-RBF Network for the Classification of Power Signal Waveform Distortion. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(5). Doi no:10.17485/ ijst/2014/v7i5/50158
- Jose Rodriguez. Mixed Multicell Cascaded Multilevel Inverter. IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, 06/2007.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.