Total views : 293
Combined Approach for the Analysis of Black Hole and Worm Hole Attack in MANET
MANET is vulnerable to most of the security threats and we proposed a combined approach which is used to detect both the black hole and worm hole attack. We also carried out black hole and worm hole attack on MANET using Ad hoc On Demand Distance Vector (AODV) routing protocol and analyzed the performance parameters like Throughput, Packet Delivery Ratio(PDR) and Normalized Routing Load (NRL). After implementation of proposed technique, we found that the parameters for Quality of Services (QoS) in MANET improved significantly as compare to conventional techniques.
AODV, IDS, Mobile Ad hoc Network, PDR, Routing Protocols, Quality of Services.
- Zhou L, Hass JZ. Securing ad hoc networks. IEEE Network Magazine. 1999; 13(6):24–30.
- Karpijoki V.Securityinadhoc networks. Proceedings of the Helniski University of Technology. Seminaron Network Security; 2000.
- Marti S, Giuli JT, Lai K, Baker M. Mitigating routingmisbehavior in mobile ad hoc networks. Proceedings of the 6th annual international conference on mobile computing and networking; 2000. p. 255–65.
- Deng H, Wei L, Agarwal PD. Routing security in wireless ad hoc networks. University IEEE Communication Magazine; 2000.p.70–75.
- Perkins CE, Royer B, Das SR. Mobile ad hoc networking group, Internet Draft ; 2003.
- Hu CY, Perrig A. A survey of secure wireless ad hoc routing. IEEE Security and Privacy. Special Issue on Making Wireless Network. 2004; 2(3):28–39.
- Sen J, Chandra GM, Bala muralidhar P, Harihara GS, Reddy H. A distributed protocol for detection of packet dropping attack. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Telecommunications, Penang; 2007. p.75–80.
- Mistry N, Jinwala CD, Averi MZ. Improving AODV protocol against black hole attacks. Proceedings of International Multi Conference of Engineers and Computer Scientists, Hong Kong.2010; 2:1034–39.
- Jhaveri HR. MR-AODV a solution to mitigate black hole and gray hole attacks in AODV based MANET. Proceedings of Th ird International Conferencein Advanced Computing& Communication Technologies, India; 2013. p.254–60.
- Shah N, Valiveti S. Intrusion detection systems for the availability attacks in ad hoc network. International Journal of Electronics and Computer Science Engineering. 2013; 1(3):1850–57.
- Arora KS, Mantoo YM, Chishti M, Chaudhary N.
- Performance measurement in MANET. Proceedings of 5th International Conference on the Next Generation of Information Technology Summit, Noida; 2014. p.406–10.
- Reji M, Raja PCK, Joseph C, Baskar R. Performance metrics of wormhole detection using path tracing algorithm. 2015; 8(17):1–9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.