Total views : 285
Novel Optical Pulse Stretchers using Tapered Photonic Crystal Fibers
Objective: The main objective of this work is to generate the stretched pulses in the time domain at 1550 nm wavelength by using novel Tapered Photonic Crystal Fibers (TPCFs). Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this paper, a new analytical technique known as self-similar scaling analysis is used to obtain exponentially varying Group Velocity Dispersion (GVD) and nonlinear profiles. Results: The outcome of the simulation shows that the sequential stretching factor is strongly reliant on the input pulse width and the propagation distance. We demonstrate the highly stretched distortion less pulses. Applications: The proposed TPCF based stretchers may find attractive applications in ultrafast optical communication and intense power fiber based systems.
Group Velocity Dispersion, Photonic Crystal Fiber, Self-similar Analysis, Stretched Optical Pulses.
- Cheriaux G, Rousseau P, Salin F, Chambaret JP, Walker B, Dimauro L. Aberration-free stretcher design for ultrashortpulse amplification. Optical Letters. 1996; 21(6):414–16.
- Kuznetsova L, Wise FW. Scaling of femtosecond Ybdoped fiber amplifiers to tens of microjoule pulse energy via nonlinear chirped pulse amplification. Optical Letters. 2007; 32(18):2671–3.
- Galvanauskas A. Mode-scalable fiber-based chirped pulse amplification systems. IEEE Journalof Selected Topics in Quantum Electronincs. 2001; 7(4):504–17.
- Gruner-Nielson L, Jakobsen D, Jespersen KG, Palsdottir B. A stretcher fiber for use in fs chirped pulse Yb amplifiers. Optical Express. 2010; 18(4):3768 –73.
- Udayakumar R, Khanaa V, Saravanan T. Chromatic dispersion compensation in optical fiber communication system and its simulation. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013; 6(6):0974–5645. DOI: 10.17485/ ijst/2013/v6i6/33959.
- Zhu Z, Brown TG. Analysis of the space filling modes of photonic crystal fibers. Optical Express. 2001; 8(10): 547– 54.
- Beyrau F, Weikl MC, SeegerT, Leipertz A. Application of an optical pulse stretcher to coherent anti-Stokes Raman Spectroscopy. Optics Letters. 2004; 29(20):2381–3.
- Khare R, Shukla PK, Mishra GK, Mukherjee C, Talwar S, Dubey VK, Saxena P, Mittal JK. A novel confocal optical pulse stretcher for laser pulses. Optics Communications. 2009; 282(19):3850–3.
- Liberman V, Rothschild M, Sedlacek JH, Uttaro RS, Grenville A, Bates AK, Van Peski V. Excimer-laser-induced degradation of fused silica and calcium fluoride for 193-nm lithographic applications. Optics Letters. 1977; 24(1):58–60.
- Lisitsa ME, Mozol PE, Fekeshgazi IV. Laser pulse lengthening with the aid of nonlinearly absorbing semiconductors CdP2 and ZnP2. Soviet Journal of Quantum Electronics. 1974; 4(1):110–11.
- Martin WE. Pulse stretching and spectroscopy of sub nanosecond optical pulses using a Fabry-Perot interferometer. Optics Communications. 2007; 12(1):8–12.
- Pätzel R, Stamm U. Excimer lasers in microlithography, Excimer Laser Technology. Basting D, Marowsky G, editors. Springer: Berlin; 2005. p. 89–103.
- Khare R, Shukla PK. Temporal stretching of laser pulses. Department of Atomic Energy: India; 2010. p. 205–26.
- Galvanauskas A. Mode-scalable fiber-based chirped pulse amplification systems. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics. 2001; 7(4):504–17.
- Russell PSJ. Photonic crystal fibers. Journal of Lightwave Technology. 2006; 24(12):4729–49.
- Sivbalan S, Raina JP. High normal dispersion and Large mode area Phonic Quasi-Crystal fiber Stretcher. IEEE Photonics Technical letters. 2011; 23(16):1139–41.
- Hooper LE, Mosley PJ, Muir AJ, Wadsworth WJ, Knight JC. Coherent super continuum generation in photonic crystal fiber with all-normal group velocity dispersion. Optics Express. 2011; 19(6):4902–7.
- Saitoh K, Koshiba M. Full-vectorial imaginary distance beam propagation method based on a finite element scheme: Application to photonic crystal fibers. IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics. 2002; 38(7):927–33.
- Olupitan S, Senthilnathan K, Ramesh Babu P, Sumeet Aphale S, Nakkeeran K. Generation of a train of ultra short pulses at near infrared regime in a tapered PCF using raisedcosine pulses. IEEE Photonics Journal. 2012; 4(5):1420–37.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.