Total views : 250
Simulation and Real Implementation of the Fuzzy MPPT Algorithm for Photovoltaic Panel
Objectives: The objective of this study deals with the optimization of extracting the ultimate power from a PV panel by means of the fuzzy-MPPT algorithm. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The methodological framework, in this paper, is based on a fuzzy logic controller which tracks the maximum power from a boost-based PV system. This approach is used to enhance its dynamic response under varying irradiations and temperature conditions. Numerical simulations and practical experiments results are carried out to highlight the tracking control performance and the advantages of the fuzzy- MPPT compared to a P&O as one of the most widely conventional methods. The fuzzy logic strategy provides better and reliable control for this application under different variations on climatic conditions. Findings: The findings achieved are experimental tests showed that for the same weather conditions; the produced PV power by the P&O-MPPT algorithm is 14% less than the power produced when the fuzzy algorithm is used.
DC-DC Boost Converter, dSPACE1104, Fuzzy Logic Controller (FLC), Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT), MATLAB/Simulink, Photovoltaic (PV)
- Faranda R, Leva S. Energy comparison of MPPT techniques for PV systems. Wseas Transactions on Power Systems; 2008 Jun.
- Kanth MK, Kishore DR. Implementation of MPPT techniques for a high step-up converter with voltage multiplier module based photovoltaic system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(23):1–6.
- Shiau J-K, Wei Y-C, Chen B-C. A study on the Fuzzy-logicbased solar power MPPT algorithms using different fuzzy input variables. Algorithms. 2015; 8(2):100–27.
- Solas V, Olias E, Barrado A. Review of the maximum power point tracking algorithms for stand-alone photovoltaic systems. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells. 2006; 90:1555–78. Crossref
- Ammasai N, Peter SA, Nallandula H, Krithiga S. Fuzzy logic controller with MPPT using line-commutated inverter for three-phase grid-connected photovoltaic systems. Energy.2009; 34:909–15.
- Mohammad TKN, Islam MA, Hossain QD. Improved solar photovoltaic array model with FLC based maximum power point tracking. IJECE. 2012 Dec; 6:717–30. Crossref
- Levron Y, Shmilovitz D. Maximum power point tracking employing sliding mode control. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems. 2013 Mar; 60.
- Mohamed AAS, Berzoy A, Mohammed O. Optimized-fuzzy MPPT controller using GA for stand-alone photovoltaic water pumping system. 2014 Nov.
- Letting LK, Munda JL, Hamam Y. Optimization of fuzzy logic controller design for maximum power point tracking in photovoltaic systems. Soft Comput in Green and Renew Ener Sys; 2011.
- Radjai T, Gaubert PJ, Rahmani L. The new FLC-variable incremental conductance MPPT direct control method using cuk converter. Proceedings of the 2014 IEEE 23rd International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (IEIE); Istanbul, Turkey. 2014 Jun 1-4. p. 2508–13. Crossref
- Rahmani R. Seyedmahmoudian M, Mekhilef S, Yusof R. Implementation of fuzzy logic maximum power point tracking controller for photovoltaic system. Am J Appl Sci.2013; 10:209–18. Crossref
- Cheikh MSa, Larbes C, Kebir TGF, Zerguerras. A maximum power point tracking using a fuzzy logic control scheme. Revue Energ Renouv. 2007; 10:387–95.
- Chin CS, Neelakantan P, Yoong HP, Teo KTK. Optimisation of fuzzy based maximum power point tracking in PV system for rapidly changing solar irradiance. Trans Sol Energy Plan. 2011; 2:130–7.
- Liu C-L, Chen J-H, Liu Y-H, Yang Z-Z. An asymmetrical fuzzy-logic-control-based MPPT algorithm for photovoltaic systems. Energies. 2014; 7(4): 2177–93. Crossref
- Khateb AHE, Rahim NA, Selvaraj J. Type-2 fuzzy logic approach of a maximum power point tracking employing sepic converter for photovoltaic system. J Clean Energy Technol. 2013; 1:4144.
- Takun P, Kaitwanidvilai S, Jettanasen C. Maximum power point tracking using fuzzy logic control for photovoltaic systems. International Muti Conference of Engineers and Computer Scientists; Hong Kong, China. 2011 Mar; 16-18.
- Putri RI, Wibowo S, Taufi M, Taufik. Fuzzy incremental conductance for maximum power point tracking in photovoltaic system. IJESIT. 2014; 3:352–9.
- Sakly A, Ben Smida M. Adequate fuzzy inference method for mppt fuzzy control of photovoltaic systems. Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Future Electrical Power and Energy systems, Lecture Notes in Information Technology; 2012. p. 457–68.
- Tina GM, Ventura C. Evaluation and validation of an electrical model of photovoltaic module based on manufacturer measurement. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg; 2013.
- Doumis AI, Kofinas P, Alafodinos C, Tseles D. Adaptive fuzzy gain scheduling PID controller for maximum power point tracking of photovoltaic system. Renewable Energy.2013; 60:202–14. Crossref
- Pandiarajan N, Muthu R. Mathematical modeling of photovoltaic module with simulink. International Conference on Electrical Energy Systems (ICEES 2011); 2011 Jan 3-5.
- Esram T, Chapman PL. Comparison of photovoltaic array maximum power point tracking techniques. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion. 2007; 22(2):439–49.Crossref
- Koutroulis E, Kalaitzakis K, Voulgaris NC. Development of a microcontroller based photovoltaic maximum power point tracking control system. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2001; 16(1):46–54. Crossref
- Selvan S, Kumar G, Umayal. Comparative study of perturb an observe and fuzzy logic control based MPPT algorithms.International Journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology. 2015 Jan.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.