Total views : 213
A Study on Ethical Phishing on E-mail Networks and its Impacts in India
Objective: Phishing is a form of online identity theft that aims to acquire sensitive information from E-mail users such as password. E-mail users faces many security issues while they exchanging information. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this paper we discussed the analysis of psychological and physicalconflicts from arrivals of new digital expertise. Due to thedesire knowledge of technology and its up-gradations which leads to commit a crime or may aim to target by others. Most of the cyber related crimes committed through E-Mail.To find E-mail phishing various view of analysis were adopted. Findings: With this analysis we found the role of phisher in an electronic mail and their way of thinking, planning and executing attacks for their personal gain and as well as for others benefit. Applications/Improvements: We improved the accuracy of findingswith PHP scriptand its impacts in India.
Countermeasures,E-mail Networks, LAW and Punishments, Survey Finding.
- McClure S, Scambray J, Kurtz G. Hacking exposed 6 network security secrets & solutions. 10th Edn, McGrawHill Publication Company; 2009.
- Shreeram V, Suban M, Shanthi P, Manjula K. Anti-phishing detection of phishing attacks using Genetic Algorithm. 2010 IEEE International Conference on Communication Control and Computing Technologies (ICCCCT), 2010 Oct 7–9; 2010 Dec 17.
- Almomani A, Gupta B, Wan TC, Altaher A, Manickam S. Phishing dynamic evolving neural fuzzy framework for online detection zero-day phishing email. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Jan; 6(1):1–5.
- Naveen K, Saravanan1 S, Lavanya M, Vaithayanathan V. Improved CAPTCHA based Authentication for E-mail. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):1–4.
- Kumar JD, Srikanth V, Tejeswini L. Email phishing attack mitigation using server side email addon. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(19):1–5.
- Silnov DS. An analysis of modern approaches to the delivery of unwanted emails (spam). Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(4):1–4.
- Ranjith G, Vijayachandra J, Prathusha B, Sagarika P. Design and implementation of a defense system from TCP injection attacks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Oct; 9(40):1–6.
- Reserve Bank of India phishing email [Internet]. [cited 2014 Jan 01]. Available from: https://rbi.org.in/scripts/BS_PressReleaseDisplay.aspx?prid=31755.
- The Economic Times, phishing report [Internet]. [cited 2013 Aug 22]. Available from: http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2013-08-22/news/41437405_1_phishing-attacks-rsa-emc.
- Government India, Income Tax Department, phishing report [Internet]. [cited 2016 Feb 05]. Available from: http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/Lists/Press Releases/Attachments/441/Press-Release-Anti-Phishing-email-05-02-2016.pdf.
- Rediff.com, hacking email account [Internet]. [cited 2014 May 02]. 2014. Available from: http://www.rediff.com/news/report/fir-registered-over-hacking-of-amrita-rais-email-account/20140502.htm.
- India Risk Survey, Phishing activity trends report [Internet]. [cited 2015]. 2015, Available from: http://ficci.in/Sedocument/20328/India-Risk-Survey-2015.pdf.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.