Total views : 228
Improving the Reliability of Cache Memories using Identical Tag Bits
Cache memories are revealed to transitory error in tag bits and some of the efforts have been taken to decrease their susceptibility. In the advanced mechanisms of cache memories are most applicable components, because the soft errors are protected. The identical tag bit data is used to regain from the error in the tag bits. In this paper, to improve error protection capacity of the tag bits in caches, power efficient cache design is proposed by using Superlative Standard Techniques (SST) architecture to achieve power. To utilize the identical tag bits for transitory error protection, the proposed scheme is discussed by selecting the energy superlative standard techniques that decrease unwanted interior activities by reducing the dynamic switching power. In experimental method, results show that our proposed multilevel cache architecture sustains a performance of achieving dynamic power and reduces the power consumption up to 85% when applied to energy optimal technique.
Cache Memories, Identical Tag Information, Superlative Standard Techniques (SST), Tag Bits, Transitory Error.
- Wang S, Hu J, Ziavras S. TRB: Tag Replication Buffer for enhancing the reliability of the cache tag array. IEEE Transactions Very Large Scale Integer. (VLSI) Systems. 2012 Apr; 20(4):643–54.
- Sai RV, Saravanan S, Anandkumar V. Implementation of a novel data scrambling based security measure in memories for VLSI circuits. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):1–6. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i35/86798.
- Hameed F, Bauer L. architecting on-chip dram cache for simultaneous miss rate and latency reduction. IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems. 2016 Apr; 35(4):651–64.
- Subha S. An algorithm for variable cache ways. 2013 International Conference on Advances in Technology and Engineering (ICATE); 2013Jan. p. 1–3.
- Gulur N, Mehendale M, Manikantan R, Govindarajan R. Bi-modal DRAM cache: Improving hit rate, hit latency and bandwidth microarchitecture (MICRO). 2014 47th Annual IEEE/ACM International Symposium; 2014 Dec. p. 38–50.
- Hong S, Kim S. Designing a resilient L1 cache architecture to process variation-induced access-time failures computers. IEEE Transactions on Computers. 2016 Jan; PP(99):1–1.
- Farbeh H, Miremadi SG. PSP-cache: A low-cost fault-tolerant cache memory architecture. 2014 Design, Automation and Test in Europe Conference and Exhibition (DATE); 2014 Mar. p. 1–4.
- Reviriego P, Pontarelli S, Ottavi M, Maestro JA. Errors Device. 2014 Sep; 14(3):935–7.
- Seongil O, Kwon S, Son YH, Park Y, Ahn JA. cidr: a cache inspired area-efficient dram resilience architecture against permanent faults. Computer Architecture Letters. 2015 Jan–Jun; 14(1):17–20.
- Valls JJ, Sahuquillo J, Ros A, Gomez ME. Approach Parallel; 2015 Mar. p. 182–9.
- Jiang L, Guoqing W, Tao H, Jianya C, Yunjie L. Modeling the sojourn time of items for in-network cache based on LRU policy. China Communications. 2014 Oct; 11(10):88–95.
- Saravanan S, Vennelakanti S. Design and analysis of low power memory built in self test architecture for SoC based design. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(14):1–5. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i14/62716.
- Hajimiri H, Mishra P, Bhunia S. Dynamic cache tuning for efficient memory based computing in multicore architectures. 2013 26th International Conferences on VLSI Design and the 12th International Conference on Embedded Systems; 2013 Jan. p. 49–54.
- Bhattacharya K, Ranganathan N, Kim S. A framework for correction of multi-bit soft errors in L2 caches based on redundancy. IEEE Transactions Very Large Scale Integer (VLSI) Systems. 2009 Feb; 17(2):196–206.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.