Total views : 238
Efficient Test Sequence Generator for Area Optimization in LFSR Reseeding
In this paper, a new concept of test pattern generator is used with Seed Initialization Method (SIM) for area optimization in LFSR reseeding. LFSR Reseeding is the method which is mainly used in logic BIST. Some of the reseeding mechanism needs some sort of memory to store all seeds. But this issue is overcome by present method. By this method, the proposed test pattern generator employs the output response of the CUT to the LFSR as the controlling signal to transform the LFSR state. It contains a net providing cell and LFSR with reversal logic to conform that there is no storage of seeds. When compared to previous methods, by using this approach (SIM), the test sequence that will have been given to LFSR is much reducing. The empirical outcome on ISCAS circuits shows that the conferred seed initialization method has brought reduced area overhead.
BIST, LFSR Reseeding, Seed Initialization Method, Test Sequence Generator (TSG).
- Jamal K, Srihari P. Analysis of test sequence generators for built-in self-test implementation. IEEE International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication Systems; 2015 Jan. p. 1–4.
- Saravanan S, Charaphani K, Selvakumar P. Cluster based LFSR reseeding for test data compression. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology. 2012 Jul; 4(14):2120–5.
- Reeb B, Wunderlich HJ. Deterministic pattern generation for weighted random pattern testing. VLSI European Design and IEEE Test Conference; 1996 Mar. p. 30–6.
- Fagot C, Gascuel O, Girard P, Landrault C. A ring architecture strategy for BIST test pattern Generation. ATS ‘98. Proceedings. Seventh Asian Test Symposium, 1998; 2003 Dec. p. 418–23.
- Kalligeros E, Kavousianos X, Bakalis D, Nikolos D. On-thefly reseeding: a new reseeding technique for test-per-clock BIST. Journal of Electronic Testing. 2002 Jun; 18(3):315–32.
- Saravanan S, Upadhyay HN. Effective LFSR reseeding technique for achieving reduced test pattern. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology. 2012 Nov; 4(22):4783–6.
- Touba NA. Circular BIST with state skipping. IEEE Transactions Very Large Scale Integration Systems. 2002 Oct; 10(5):668–72.
- Krasniewski A, Pilarski S. Circuilar self-test path: a lowcost BIST technique for VLSI circuits. IEEE Transactions Computer Aided Design for Integrated Circuits and System. 1989 Jan; 8(1):46–55.
- Lien WC, Lee KJ. A complete logic BIST technology with no storage requirement. IEEE Asian Test Symposium; 2010 Dec. p. 129–34.
- Saravanan S, Sowmiya G, Premalatha P, Rajaram A, Sai RV. Design and analysis of scan power reduction based on liner feedback shift register reseeding. International Conference on Information and Communication Technology; 2013 Apr. p. 638–41.
- Lien WC, Hsieh TY, Lee KJ. Routing-efficient implementation of an internal-response-based BIST architecture. Proceedings VLSI Design, Automation and Test Symposium; 2012 Apr. p. 1–4.
- Lien WC, Lee KJ, Hsieh TY. Efficient LFSR reseeding based on internal-response feedback. Journal of Electronic Testing. 2014 Dec; 30(16):673–85
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.