Total views : 294
Design of Gain Enhanced and Power Efficient Op- Amp for ADC/DAC and Medical Applications
In this paper, low power low voltage Op-amp which forms the basic building block for various devices is designed by making the transistors of the Op-amp to operate in sub-threshold region. Now-a-days portable electronic devices are of great demand which thereby increases the demand for low power and low voltage design of devices. Conventionally, two stage op-amps are used which requires higher power with comparatively low gain. In order to overcome this, operation of devices in sub-threshold region is carried out which requires low power comparatively. Initially, the design of conventional Op-amp is designed using CADENCE Virtuoso tool GPDK 180nm with a supply voltage of 1.8V and the corresponding gain, phase margin, power of the conventional Op-amp is observed and then, Op-amp with transistors operating in sub threshold region is designed using CADENCE Virtuoso tool GPDK 180nm with a supply voltage of 1.8V and the corresponding gain, phase margin, power is observed. The comparison between these two observations are made and presented. These low power high gain devices are used in various applications like ADC/DAC devices and many medical applications.
Op-amp, Phase Margin, Gain, Sub-Threshold Region.
- Franco S. Design with operational amplifier and analog integrated circuit. New York: Tata McGraw Hill; 2002.
- Razavi B. Design of an analog CMOS integrated circuit. New Delhi: Tata McGraw-Hill; 2012.
- Palmisano G, Palumbo G, Pennisi S. Design procedure for two-stage CMOS transconductance operational amplifiers: a tutorial. Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing. 2001 May; 27(3):179–89.
- Huang HY, Wang RB, Liu JC. High-gain and high-bandwidth rail-to-rail operational amplifier with slew rate boost circuit. 2006 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems; 2006 May.
- Kim AR, Kim HR, Park Y, Choi YK, Kong BS. Low-power class-AB CMOS OTA with high slew rate. 2009 International SoC Design Conference (ISOCC); 2009 Nov. p. 313-16.
- Cao TV, Wisland DT, Lande TS, Moradi A. Low-power, enhanced-gain adaptive-biasing-based operational transconductance amplifiers. NORCHIP; 2009 Nov. p. 1–4.
- Alioto M. Understanding DC behavior of subthreshold CMOS logic through closed-form analysis. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems. 2010 Jul; 57(7):1597–607.
- López-Martín AJ, Baswa S, Ramírez-Angulo J, González- Carvajal R. Low-voltage super class AB CMOS OTA cells with very high slew rate and power efficiency. IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits. 2005 May; 40(5):1068–77.
- Wang A, Highsmith B, Chandrakasan AP. Sub-threshold design for ultra low-power systems. New York: Springer-Verlag; 2010.
- Troutman RR. Subthreshold slope for insulated gate field-effect transistors. IEEE Transactions Electron Devices.1975 Nov; 22(11):1049–51.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.