Total views : 193
Optimized WiMAX System over Fading Channels Using FEC Codes
The Wireless Interoperability Microwave Access (WiMAX) system in this paper makes use of various forward error correction codes to improve and hence optimize the performance of the system. Two diverse fading channels have been used to study the response of the WiMAX system based on Forward Error Correction (FEC) encoding and M-ary Phase Shift Keying (M-PSK) modulation. Since WiMAX is used for both Line Of Sight (LOS) and Non Line-Of-Sight (NLOS) communication so, Rayleigh and Rician channels have been used, out of which one has LOS component, and other has no LOS component. The performance of WiMAX system has been studied by analyzing the graphs between Bit Error Rate (BER) and Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) for all the different cases. It is observed that out of all coding techniques reed Solomon (RS) encoding techniques performs better at lower order modulation schemes by providing the BER of 10-3 at lower values of SNR in comparison to all other FEC encoding techniques. But, at higher order modulation level turbo encoding scheme outperform all other FEC schemes. Also, out of channels rician channel has a better response because of one strong line of sight constituent in comparison to Rayleigh fading channel. Further, modified FEC encoding schemes can be incorporated to enhance the BER performance of the WiMAX system.
BER, Fading, FEC, MPSK, WiMAX.
- Sedani B.S., Kotak N.A., Borisagar K.R., Kulkarni G.K. Implementation and Performance Analysis of Efficient Wireless Channels in WiMAX using Image and Signal Transmission. In Proceedings of International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies, 2012, 630-34.
- Patidar M., Dubey R., Jain N.K., Kulpariya S. Performance Analysis of WiMAX e Physical Layer Model. In Proceedings of International Conference on Wireless and Optical Communication Networks, 2012, 802(16), 1-4.
- Ahmadzadegan M.H., Elmusrati M., Widyotriatmo A. WiMAX Based on Energy Efficient Intrusion Detection System. In Proceedings of International Conference on Robotics, Biomimetics and Intelligent Computational Systems, 2013, 166-69 .
- Benmusa T.A., Belgassem A.J., Ibrahim M.A.S. Planning and Dimensioning High Speed 4G WiMAX Network in Tripoli Area. In Proceedings of International Conference on Science and Techniques of Automatic Control and Computer Engineering, 2013, 318-24 .
- Logeshwaran R., Paul I.J.L . Performance study on the Suitability of Reed Solomon Codes in WiMAX. In Proceedings of Internal Conference on Wireless Communication and Sensor Computing, 2010, 1-4 .
- Rappaport T.S. Wireless Communications Principles and Practice. Second Edition, Pretence Hall. 2002; 1-7.
- Xinyu Z. A Basic Research on Forward Error Correction.
- In Proceedings of International Conference on Communication Software and Networks, 2011, 462-65.
- Rao K.D. Channel Coding Techniques for Wireless Communication, Springer, 2015.
- Benjangkaprasert C., Inchan T. Signal Processing of WiMAX Physical Layer Based on Low-Density Parity-Check Codes. In the Proceedings of International Conference on Control Automation and Systems, 2014, 556-60 .
- Png K.B., Peng X., Chin F. Performance Studies of a Multiband OFDM System Using Simplified LDPC Code. In Proceedings of International Conference on Ultrawideband Systems and Technologies, 2004, 376-80.
- Khan S., Fisal N., Bakar Z.A., Salawu N., Maqbool W., Ullah R., Safdar H. Secure Authentication and Key Management Protocols for Mobile Multihop WiMAX Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(3):282-95.
- Singh C., Patterh M.S., Sharma S. Design of Programmable Digital down Converter for WiMAX. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009 Mar; 2(3):1-2.
- Qamar R.A., Maarof M.A., Ibrahim S. An Efficient Encoding Algorithm for (n, k) Binary Cyclic Codes. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 May; 5(5):1-5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.