Total views : 545
Multi User Profile Orient Access Control based Integrity Management for Security Management in Data Warehouse
Background/Objectives: The Aim of this research work to demonstrate that the security enhancement of data warehousing, the methods face major challenges in integrity management and have the responsibility to restrict the unauthorized user. Methods/Statistical Analysis: There are many access control methods discussed earlier for the problem of integrity management, and some of them have been discussed using the user profiles. Still they suffer from the problem of efficiency in integrity management. Findings: To overcome such issues, in this paper a multi-user profile orient access depths measure based integrity management is proposed. The method maintains a set of Meta data which keep track of data objects in a hierarchical manner according to their importance and sensitivity of the data. The method first identifies a set of objects being specified from the input query and the sensitive tree; the method computes the access depthness measure. The access depthness is computed based on the level of objects being called and the access level the user has been given and the number of objects the user has access. Application/Improvement: Based on computed access depths measure user query is being processed, and the method improves the performance of integrity management.
Access Depth Measure, Access Control, Data warehouse Security, Integrity Management, Multi User Profile.
- Reddy MS, Reddy MR, Viswanath R, Chalam GV, Laxmi R, Rizwan MA. A schematic technique using data type preserving encryption to boost data warehouse security. IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues. 2011 Jan; 8(1).
- Hirsh H. Integrating mulitple sources of information in text classification using whril. Snowbird Learning Conference; 2000 Apr.
- Barbosa M, Farshim P. Randomness reuse: Extensions and improvements. 12th Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA) Int Conference on Cryptography and Coding; 2009.
- Kobielus J. The forrester wave: Enterprise data warehousing platforms. Forrester Research Report, Q1; 2009.
- Oracle Corporation. Oracle advanced security transparent data encryption best practices. Oracle White Paper; 2010 Jul.
- Lo E, Cheng N, Hon W. Generating databases for query work loads. Int Conf on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB); 2010.
- Amritpal S, Umesh N. Implementing log based security in data warehouse. International Journal of Advanced Computer; 2013.
- Weippl ER. Security in data warehouses. IGI Global. Data Ware Housing Design and Advanced Engineering Applications. Ch: 015; 2010.
- Santos RJ, Bernardino J, Vieria. Balancing security and performance for enhancing data privacy in data warehouses. International Joint Conference of IEEE Trust Com-11/IEEE ICESS- 11/FCST -11; 2011.
- Bockermann C, Apel M, Meier M. Learning SQL for database intrusion detection using context sensitive modeling. Int Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Machine Learning (KDML); 2009.
- Mirajkar S, Biradar SK. Using secret sharing algorithm for improving security in cloud computing. IJARCST. 2014; 2(2):395–8.
- Bowers KD, Juels A, Oprea A. HAIL: A high availability and integrity layer for cloud storage. CCS'09: Proc 16th ACM Conf on Computer and communications security; 2009. p. 187–98.
- Goodson GR, Wylie JJ, Ganger GR, Reiter MK. Efficient by zantine-tolerant erasure-coded storage. DSN'04: Proc Intl Conf on Dependable Systems and Networks; 2004. p. 1–22.
- Mohan K, Aramudhan M. Ontology based access control model for healthcare system in cloud computing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(S9):213–7. ISSN (Print): 0974-6846, ISSN (Online): 0974-5645.
- Verma A, Kaur I, Singh I. Comparative analysis of data mining tools and techniques for information retrieval. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i11/81658. ISSN (Print): 0974-6846, ISSN (Online): 0974-5645.
- Shahraki A, Dezhkam A, Dejkam R. Developed model of management of successful customer relationship in the context of business intelligence. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i35/68800. ISSN (Print): 0974-6846, ISSN (Online): 0974-5645.
- Mathi S, Lavanya M, Priyanka R. Integrating dynamic architecture with distributed mobility management to optimize route in next generation internet protocol mobility. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(10):963–74. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i10/58213. ISSN (Print): 0974-6846, ISSN (Online): 0974-5645.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.