Total views : 430
Performance Comparison of Different Similarity Measures for Collaborative Filtering Technique
Objectives: As the plenty of Web services on the Internet increases, developing efficient techniques for Web service recommendation has become more significant. The main objective of this paper is to compare and study the drawbacks of the performance of different existing similarity measures against the proposed similarity measure that use the concept of collaborative filtering technique. Methods/Analysis: Collaborative filtering has turned into one of the most used technique to give personalized services for users. The key of this technique is to find alike users or items using user-item rating matrix such that the system can show recommendations for users. Experiments on Web Service (WSDL) data sets are conducted and compared with many traditional similarity measures namely Pearson correlation coefficient, JacUOD, Bhattacharyya coefficient. The result shows the superiority of the proposed similarity model in recommendation performance. Findings: However, existing approaches related to these techniques are derived from similarity algorithms, such as Pearson correlation coefficient, mean squared distance, and cosine. These methods are not much efficient, particularly in the cold user conditions. Applications/Improvement: This paper presents a new user based similarity calculation model to enhance the recommendation performance and to estimate the similarities for each user. The proposed model incorporates two traditional similarity measures namely Pearson Correlation Coefficient and Jaccard Coefficient.
Collaborative Filtering, Recommendation System, Similarity Measures, Web Service.
- Luo B, et al. Recommendation scheme via improved iteratively collaborative filtering algorithm with neighborhood scale research. 2013 5th International Conference on IEEE Computational and Information Sciences (ICCIS); Shiyang. 2013 Jun 21-23. p. 609-12. DOI: 10.1109/ICCIS.2013.167.
- Yu C, Huang L. Time-aware collaborative filtering for qos-based service recommendation. 2014 International Conference on IEEE Web Services (ICWS); Anchorage, AK. 2014 Jun 27-Jul 2. p. 265–72. DOI: 10.1109/ICWS.2014.47.
- Park Y, et al. Fast collaborative filtering with a k-nearest neighbor graph. 2014 International Conference on IEEE Big Data and Smart Computing (BIGCOMP); 2014. DOI: 10.1109/BIGCOMP.2014.6741414.
- Mase H, Hayato O. A collaborative filtering incorporating hybrid-clustering technology. 2012 International Conference on IEEE Systems and Informatics (ICSAI); Yantai. 2012 May 19-20. p. 2342–6. DOI: 10.1109/ ICSAI.2012.6223524.
- Xiong L, et al. A novel nearest neighborhood algorithm for recommender systems. 2012 3rd Global Congress on IEEE Intelligent Systems (GCIS); Wuhan. 2012 Nov 6-8. p. 156–9. DOI: 10.1109/GCIS.2012.58.
- Wang J, De Vries AP, Reinders MJT. Unifying user-based and item-based collaborative filtering approaches by similarity fusion. ACM Proceedings of the 29th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval; 2006. DOI: 10.1145/1148170.1148257.
- Chen M, Ma Y. A hybrid approach to web service recommendation based on QoS-aware rating and ranking. arXiv preprint arXiv:1501.04298; 2015.
- Lee G-Y, Tseng W-P. An enhanced memory-based collaborative filtering approach for context-aware recommendation. Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering; 2015.
- Haipeng, et al. An improved collaborative filtering recommendation algorithm combining item clustering and slope one scheme. Proceedings of the International Multi Conference of Engineers and Computer Scientists; 2015.
- Guo G, Zhang J, Yorke-Smith N. TrustSVD: Collaborative filtering with both the explicit and implicit influence of user trust and of item ratings. Proceedings of the 29th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI); 2015.
- Bar A, et al. Improving simple collaborative filtering models using ensemble methods. Multiple Classifier Systems. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 2013; 7872:1–12. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-38067-9_1.
- Zhao Z, et al. Improving user topic interest profiles by behavior factorization. Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on World Wide Web, International World Wide Web Conferences Steering Committee; 2015. DOI: 10.1145/2736277.2741656.
- Imran R. Adaptive filtering algorithms for channel equalization in wireless communication. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(17). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/ v8i17/57805.
- Muruganandam S, Srinivasan N. Appraisal of felder - silverman learning style model with discrete data sets. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(10). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i10/88992.
- Liu J, Tang M. Zheng Z. Liu XF, Lyu S. Location-aware and personalized collaborative filtering for web service recommendation. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing. 2015. DOI: 10.1109/TSC.2015.2433251.
- Li M, Kai Z. A collaborative filtering algorithm combined with user habits for rating. International Conference on Logistics Engineering, Management and Computer Science; 2015.
- Sun H-F, et al. JacUOD: A new similarity measurement for collaborative filtering. Journal of Computer Science and Technology. 2012. DOI: 10.1016/j.ins.2007.07.024.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.