Total views : 258
Situation Analysis for Clinical Pathways and Teamwork Communication in Healthcare
Background/Objectives: The aim of this paper is to investigate the studies on Clinical Pathways from multidisciplinary domains to realize the situation of Clinical Pathways. Also to predict which discipline should be focused in future research. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Content analyses were used to analyze and classified the studies based on its discipline, by using Google Scholar search engine. The strategy used in this study was based on the content methodology. Findings: studies come from four disciplines which are medicine, computer science, management and Information system. Medicine domain composed 79% of all studies, and others composed 21%. The timeline of this study is limited to four years, while future research in study Clinical Pathways from different perspectives. These finding are open new researches for informatics people to study Clinical pathways from many perspectives. This is the first study on Clinical Pathways from this perspective.
Clinical Pathways, Healthcare, Situation Analysis, Teamwork Communication.
- Vanhaecht K. The impact of Clinical Pathways on the organisation of care processes. 2007.
- Li W, Li K, Yang H, Yu C. Integrated clinical pathway management for medical quality improvement–based on a semiotically inspired systems architecture. European Journal of Information Systems 2013.
- Deneckere S, Euwema M, Van Herck P, Lodewijckx C, Panella M, Sermeus W, Vanhaecht K. Care pathways lead to better teamwork: Results of a systematic review. Social Science and Medicine. 2012; 75(2):264–8. Doi: 10.1016/j. socscimed.2012.02.060.
- Mater W, Ibrahim R. Standard processes of electronic clinical pathways that support decision making and teamwork communication. Science International. 2014; 26(3).
- Shi J, Su Q, Zhao Z. In Critical factors for the effectiveness of clinical pathway in improving care outcomes, 2008 International Conference on Service Systems and Service Management, IEEE. 2008. p. 1–6.
- Shoji F, Yano T, Haro A, Yoshida T, Ito K, Morodomi Y, Wakata Y, Maehara Y. Assessing a clinical pathway to improve the quality of care in pulmonary resections. Surgery Today. 2011; 41(6):787–90. Doi: 10.1007/s00595010-4483-x.
- Salas E, King HB, Rosen MA. Improving teamwork and safety: Toward a practical systems approach, a commentary on Deneckere et al. Social Science and Medicine. 2012; 75(6):986–9.
- Xyrichis A, Ream E. Teamwork: a concept analysis. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2008; 61(2):232–41.
- Musen MA, Bemmel JH. Handbook of medical informatics. MIEUR, 1999.
- Food; Administration, D. In Healthy People 2010: Understanding and Improving Health, Conference Edition. EUU, 2000.
- Brindha G. Emerging trends of telemedicine in India. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013; 6(5S):4572–8.
- Hamilton H, Chou W-YS. The Routledge Handbook of Language and Health Communication. Routledge. 2014.
- Kaur G, Sharma D, Kaur V. Telemedicine in Transient Phase: Emergence of M-Health Care Services. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(15).
- Allen D, Gillen E, Rixson L. Systematic review of the effectiveness of integrated care pathways: what works, for whom, in which circumstances? International Journal of Evidence‐ Based Healthcare. 2009; 7(2):61–74.
- Wakamiya S, Yamauchi K. What are the standard functions of electronic clinical pathways? International Journal of Medical Informatics. 2009; 78(8):543–50. Doi: 10.1016/j. ijmedinf.2009.03.003.
- Ravibalan T, Samrot AV, Maruthai K, Kommoju V, Kesavan S, Muthaiah M. Clinical Evaluation of Automated BACTEC MGIT 960 System for Identification, Recovery and Drug Susceptibility Testing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Clinical Isolates. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(8).
- Krippendorff K. Content analysis: An introduction to its methodology. Sage, 2012.
- Huang Z, Lu X, Duan H, Fan W. Summarizing clinical pathways from event logs. Journal of Biomedical Informatics. 2013; 46(1):111–27. Doi: 10.1016/j.jbi.2012.10.001.
- Huang Z, Lu X, Duan H. On mining clinical pathway patterns from medical behaviors. Artificial Intelligence in Medicine. 2012; 56(1):35–50. Doi: 10.1016/j.artmed. 2012.06.002.
- Chavan M. Quality management and quality care. Asian Journal on Quality. 2011; 12(1):91–112. Doi: 10.1108/15982681111140570.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.