Total views : 159
Power Management of Standalone and Grid Connected Wind/Photovoltaic/SMC based Fuel Cell Energy System
This paper proposes a concept of grid connected ac-linked stand-alone hybrid energy system. Generally, in this paper Wind and PV systems act as primary power sources, and a Fuel Cell based electrolyzer commonly acts as a backup and also as storage system. This paper also shows the information regarding power management strategies between stand- alone hybrid systems depending on the load demand. And also in addition a sliding mode controller is designed for fuel cell system to enhance the ability of tolerating perturbations and boost the functionality of system. The performance of this system is verified under different fault conditions which is occurred at place of grid system. And the harmonics which is caused by this fault condition is reduced by using active power filter. The proposed hybrid system is experimentally verified in Matlab/Simulink.
Fuel Cell and Sliding Mode, Power Management, Solar System, Wind.
- Global wind 2007 report. Global wind energy council [Internet]. Available from: http://www.gwec.net/index.php?id=90.
- Wind power today—Federal wind program highlights.NREL, DOE/GO- 102005-2115; 2005 Apr.
- Trends in photovoltaic applications: Survey Report of selected IEA countries between 1992 and 2004. International Energy Agency Photovoltaics Power Systems Programme (IEA PVPS); 2005 Sep.
- Agbossou K, Kolhe M, Hamelin J, Bose Tk. Performance of a stand-alone renewable energy system based on energy storage as hydrogen. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion.2004 Sep; 19(3):633–40.
- Nelson DB, Nehrir MH, Wang C. Unit sizing and cost analysis of stand-alone hybrid Wind/PV/fuel cell systems.Renewable Energy. 2006 Aug; 31(10):1641–56.
- Lasseter R. Dynamic models for micro-turbines and fuel cells. 2001 PES Summer Meet. 2001; 2:761–6.
- Zhu Y, Tomsovic K. Development of models for analyzing the load following performance of micro turbines and fuel cells. Electric Power Systems Research. 2002; 62:1–11.
- Chan SH, Ho HK, Tian Y. Multi-level modeling of SOFC-gas turbine hybrid system. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 2003 Aug; 28(8):889– 900.
- Dehbonei H. Power conditioning for distributed renewable energy generation. Ph.D. dissertation, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, W.A., Australia; 2003.
- Lehman PA, Chamberlin CE, Pauletto G, Rocheleau MA.Operating experience with a photovoltaic-hydrogen energy system. Presented at the Hydrogen 1994: 10thWorld Hydrogen Energy Conference, Cocoa Beach, FL; 1994 Jun.
- Arkin A, Duffy JJ. Modeling of PV, electrolyzer, and gas storage in a stand-alone solar-fuel cell system. 2001 National Solar Energy Conference, Annual Meeting, Am.Solar Energy Soc., Washington, DC; 2001.
- Torres LA, Rodriguez FJ, Sebastian PJ. Simulation of a solar hydrogen- fuel cell system: Results for different locations in Mexico. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 1998 Nov; 23(11):1005–10.
- Vosen SR, Keller JO. Hybrid energy storage systems for standalone electric power systems: Optimization of system performance and cost through control strategies.International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 1999 Dec; 24(12):1139–56.
- El-Shatter ThF, Eskandar MN, El-Hagry MT. Hybrid PV/ fuel cell system design and simulation. Renewable Energy.2002 Nov; 27(3):479–85.
- Azib T, Talj R, Bethoux O. Sliding mode control and simulation of a hybrid fuel-cell ultracapacitor power system. 2010 IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE), 2010 Jul 4–7; 2010 Nov 15.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.