Total views : 230
Low Power Testing based on MOS Design Modified Flip-Flop
Flip-flops are basically data storage elements which can be used for storage of state. However, most non-volatile memory forms have limitations which make them unsuitable for primary storage. One of the disadvantages of existing flip-flop normal flip-flop based circuits and its computing is relatively high write energy to build up normal flip-flop based circuits. There is a need to reduce the consumption of power and to write energy of flip-flop. Hence, we propose a design of low power normal flip-flop using modified CMOS technology. CMOS technology provides less noise ration during design. The proposed flip-flop design is based on MOS technology. Data store and restore operations can be performed. And in the proposed design performs in retaining data when electrical power fails or is turned off with low power consumption.
CMOS Design, D Flip-Flop, Low Power.
- Mehar P, Mehapatra KK. A low-power CMOS flip flop for high performance processors. IEEE Region 10 Conference Tencon; 2014. p. 1-5.
- Hwang Y–T, Lin Jin-Fa, Sheu Ming-Hwa. Low-power pulse-triggered flip-flop design with conditional pulse enhancement scheme. IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems. 2012.
- Kawaguchi H, Sakurai T. A reduced clock-Swing flip flop (RCSFF) for 63% power reduction. IEEE J, Slod-State Circuits. 1998 May; 33(5):807-11.
- Strollo AGM, De Caro D, Napoli E, Petra N. A novel highspeed sense-amplifier-based flip-flop. IEEE Trans Very Large Scale Integr (VLSI) Syst. 2005 Nov; 13(11):1266-74.
- Mahamoodi H, Tirumalashetty V, Cooke M, Roy K. Ultra low power clocking scheme using energy recovery and clock gating. IEEE Trans Very Large Scale Integr (VLSI) Syst; 2009 Jan; 17:33-44.
- Zhao P, Darwish T, Bayoumi M. High-performance and low-power conditional discharge flip flop. IEEE Trans Very Large Scale Integr (VLSI) Syst. 2004 May; 12(5):477-84.
- Narasimham B, Chandrashekharan K, Liu Z, Wing JK, Djaja G, Gasprad NJ, Kauppila JS, Bhuva BL. A hysteresis based D flip flop design in 28 nm CMOS for improved SER hardness at low performance overhead. IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science. 2012 Dec; 59.
- Anjaneyulu O, Veena A, Shravan CH, Reddy CVK. Self driven pass-transistor based low-power pulse triggered flip-flop design. IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Engineering Systems (SPACES); 2015 Jan.
- Hu J, Dai J, Zhang W, Wu Y. Pre-settable adiabatic flip-flops and sequential circuits. IEEE International Conference on Communications, Circuits and Systems; 2016 Jun.
- Hasanbegovic A, Aunet S. Supply voltage dependency on the single event upset susceptibility of temporal dualfeedback flip-flops in a 90 nm bulk CMOS process. IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science. 2015 Jan; 62(4):1888-97.
- Henzler S, Koeppe S. Design and application of power optimized high-speed CMOS frequency drivers. IEEE Transaction on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems. 2008 Oct 16.
- Meher P, Mahapatra KK. A low-power CMOS flip-flop for high performance processors. IEEE Region 10th Conference on TENCON; 2014 Oct.
- Prakash G, Sathish Kumar K, Sakthibhrathi B, Sarvanan S, Vijaysai R. Achieving reduced area by multi-bit flip flop design. IEEE International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI); 2013 Jan.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.