Total views : 261
Hybrid Integration in 3D NoC with Efficient Path Establishment Mechanism in Circuit Switching
On chip communication is now an upcoming technology; whereOn-chip interconnections are becoming tedious as they need to assure reliability, power, speed and scalability issues. Systems on chips, (SoCs), are so intricate that they oblige new interconnection techniques. Networks on Chip (NoCs) have paved way to resolve these problems. As application is becoming complex they require good design for greater bandwidth and performance which lead to 3D NoC. 3D NoC provide best solutions to connect as many functional elements on-chip over 2D NoC. Data flow NoCs can be categorized into: packet switched and circuit switched NoCs. The paper focus on simultaneous circuit and packet switching to benefit from two methods which ensures low latency and more resource utilization. Here in this paper, the circuit switched NoC is much concentrated where we implement our ideas in area like circuit setup method. Here we bring in a new method for guaranteed Quality of Service (QoS) known an efficient path establishment mechanism in circuit switching in 3D Torus topology. Torus topology aims to produce less latency of other topologies, where the path is estimated based on to the destination node layers and position. This paper is more advantageous where it can get switched between to different layers and position in which destination is placed. As of 3D NoC with increased number of nodes it ensureslow power, low latency, increase hardware integration, improved throughput and enables multi core processing and also resolves scalability crisis. It can operate on both packet and circuit switching which reduces both cost and operational expenses. Analysis on latency, power and throughput is made for 3D hybrid integration which provides better solutions. Optic Communication can be extended for future progress for improved speed and accuracy.
Circuit Switching, 3D NoC, SoC, Packet Switching, Torus, Quality of Service.
- Garside JD, Bainbridge WJ, Bardsley A, Clark DM, Edwards DA, Furber SB, Liu J, Lloyd S. Mohammadi DW, Pepper JS, Petlin O, Temple S, Woods JV. AMULET3i - An asynchronous system-on-chip. Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Advanced Research in Asynchronous Circuits; 2000 Apr; p. 162-75.
- Beulah Hemalatha S, Vigneshwaran T, Jasmin M. Survey on energy - Efficient methodologies and architectures of network-on-chip. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(12):1-8.
- Selvaraj G, Kashwan KR. E-configurable adaptive routing buffer design for scalable power efficient Network on Chip. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 8(12):1-9.
- Dally WJ, Towles B. Route packets, not wires: On-chip interconnection network. Proceedings of DAC; New York: ACM Press; 2001 Feb. p. 684-9.
- Jiang G, Li Z, Wang F, Wei S. A Low-Latency and low-power hybrid scheme for on-chip networks. IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration Systems. 2015 Apr; 23(4):664-77.
- Banerjee A, Wolkotte P, Mullins R, Moore S, Smith GJM. An energy and performance exploration of network-on-chip architectures. IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration Systems. 2009 Mar; 17(3):319–29.
- Ben Ahmed A, Abderazek Ben A. Low latency, high throughput look-ahead routing algorithm for 3D Network-on-Chip (3D-NoC) Architecture. IEEE 6th International Symposium on Embedded Multicore SoCs (MCSoC); 2012 Sep. p. 167–174.
- Radu S, Molnos A, Ambrose A, Goossens K. dAElite: A TDM NoC supporting QoS, multicast and fast connection set-up. IEEE Transactions on Computers. 2013 Mar; 63(3):1-13.
- Kale AS, Gaikwad MA. Design and analysis of on-chip router for Network on Chip. International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology. 2011; 9(6):182-6.
- Feero BS, Pande PP. Networks-on-Chip in a three-dimensional environment: A performance evaluation. IEEE Transactions on Computers. 2009 Jan; 58(1):32–45.
- Kumar N, Agarwal S, Keshwani P. Performance comparison of mesh and folded torus network under broadcasting, using distance vector routing algorithm. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2013 Mar; 65(11):1-5.
- Lu Z, Jantsc A. TDM virtual-circuit configuration for Network-on-Chip. IEEE Trans Very LargeScale Integr Syst. 2008 Aug; 16(8):1021–34.
- Liu S, Jantsch A, Lu Z. Analysis and evaluationof circuit switched NoC and Packet Switched NoC. IEEE Euro-micro Conference on Digital System Design (DSD’13); 2013Sep. p. 21-8.
- Sun Y-R, Kumar S, Jantsch A. Simulation and evaluation for a Network on Chip architecture using NS-2. IMIT. 2011 Jun; p. 1-11.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.