Total views : 316
Prediction of Crop Yield using Regression Analysis
Yield prediction benefits the farmers in reducing their losses and to get best prices for their crops. The objective of this work is to analyze the environmental parameters like Area under Cultivation (AUC), Annual Rainfall (AR) and Food Price Index (FPI) that influences the yield of crop and to establish a relationship among these parameters. In this research, Regression Analysis (RA) is used to analyze the environmental factors and their infliction on crop yield. RA is a multivariate analysis technique which analyzes the factors groups them into explanatory and response variables and helps to obtain a decision. A sample of environmental factors like AR, AUC, FPI are considered for a period of 10 years from 1990-2000. Linear Regression (LR) is used to establish relationship between explanatory variables (AR, AUC, FPI) and the crop yield as response variable. R2 value clearly shows that yield is mainly dependent on AR. AUC and FPI are the other two factors influencing the crop yield. This research can be extended by considering other factors like Minimum Support Price (MSP), Cost Price Index (CPI), Wholesale Price Index (WPI) etc. and their relationship with crop yield.
Regression Analysis, Yield of the Crop.
- Mucherino A, Papajorgji P, Pardalos PM. A survey of data mining techniques applied to agriculture. Springer-Verlag; 2009 Jun.
- Kokilavani S, Geethalakshmi V. Identification of efficient cropping zone for rice, maize and groundnut in Tamil Nadu. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Oct; 6(10).
- Chinchuluun A, Xanthopoulos P. Data mining techniques in agricultural and environmental sciences. 26 International Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Information Systems; 2010 Jan-Jun; 1(1):26–40.
- Suraparaju V, Misra B, Singh CD. Machine learning approach for forecasting crop yield based on climatic parameters. International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI -2014); Coimbatore, India. 2014 Jan 3–5.
- Patel H, Patel D. A brief survey of data mining techniques applied to agricultural data. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2014 Jun; 95(9):6–8.
- Kumar DA, Kannathasan N. A survey on data mining and pattern recognition techniques for soil data mining. IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues. 2011 May; 8(3):422–8.
- Kalpana, Shanthi, Arumugam. A survey on data mining techniques in agriculture. International Journal of Advances in Computer Science and Technology. 2014 Aug; 3(8). 2320-2602.
- Mankar AB, Burange MS. Data mining - An evolutionary view of agriculture. International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering and Management.2014 Mar; 3(3):102–5.
- Ramesh D, Vishnu Vardhan B. Data mining techniques and applications to agricultural yield data. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering.2013 Sep; 2(9):3477–80.
- Hair JF, Black WC, Babin BJ, Anderson RE, Tatham RL. Multivariate data analysis. 6th ed. Pearson Education Inc; 2006.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.