Total views : 223
Viscosity of Alumina Water-Based Nanofluids Modeling by Artificial Neural Network
Objectives: To develop efficient models for the prediction of viscosity of nanofluids. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Artificial Neural Network (ANN) toolbox for Matlab and an experimental data set of effective viscosity of alumina waterbased nanofluids are used. ANN is mathematical model of artificial intelligence product, inspired by the structure and functioning of the human nervous system. Experimental data set are divided into two groups: train and test. The train instructed ANN and the results were compared with the test. Findings: ANN viscosity results were compared with the experimental data points. The expected values were in excellent agreement with the measured ones, viewing that the developed model is accurate and has the great ability for predicting the viscosity. 0.9994 and 0.9998 are the values of R2 linear regressions for training and testing data set, respectively and 2.7187*10-4 and 1.2461*10-4 are respective values of mean square errors. Applications: Artificial Neural Networks to model thermal characterization of nanofluids.
Alumina Water-Based, Artificial Neural Network, Experimental Data, Nanofluids, Viscosity
- Karimipour A, Mirtalebi SS, Afrand M. Using Nanofluid in Lid Driven Shallow Enclosure at Particular Richardson Number: Investigation the Effect of Velocity Ratio, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014; 7(5):698–704.
- Mostafavinia N, Eghvay S, Hassanzadeh A. Numerical Analysis of Melting of Nano-Enhanced Phase Change Material (NePCM) in a Cavity with Different Positions of Two Heat Source-Sink Pairs, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S9):49–61.
- Auriemma M, Iazzetta A. Numerical Analysis of Melting of Paraffin Wax with Al2O3, ZnO and CuO Nanoparticles in Rectangular Enclosure, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(3):1−8.
- Masuda H, Ebata A, Teramae K, Hishinuma N. Alteration of Thermal Conductivity and Viscosity of Liquid by Dispersing Ultra-Fine Particles (dispersion of c-Al2O3, SiO2 and TiO2 ultra-fine particles), NetsuBussei (Japan).1993; 4(4):227–33.
- Choi SUS. Eastmen JA. Enhancing Thermal Conductivity of Fluids with Nanoparticles, ASME Congress and Exposition. 1995; 1−8.
- Mahbubul IM, Saidur R, Amalina MA. Latest Developments on the Viscosity of Nanofluids, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2012; 55(4):874–85.
- Pak BC, Cho YI. Hydrodynamic and Heat Transfer Study of Dispersed Fluids with Submicron Metallic Oxide Particles, Experimental Heat Transfer: A Journal of Thermal Energy Generation, Transport, storage and Conversion. 1998; 11(2):151–70.
- Nguyen CT, Desgranges F, Roy G, Galanis N, Maré T, Boucher S, Angue Mintsa H. Temperature and Particle-Size Dependent Viscosity Data for Water-Based Nanofluids — Hysteresis Phenomenon, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow. 2007; 28(6):1492–506.
- Chen H, Witharana S, Jin Y, Kim C, Ding Y. Predicting Thermal Conductivity of Liquid Suspensions of Nanoparticles (Nanofluids) based on Rhenology, Particuology. 2009; 7(2):151−57.
- Yang JC, Li FC, Zhou WW, He YR, Jiang BC. Experimental Investigation on the Thermal Conductivity and Shear Viscosity of Viscoelastic-Fluid-Based Nanofluids, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2012; 55(11-12):3160–66.
- Mishra PC, Mukherjee S, Nayak SK, Panda A. A Brief Review on Viscosity of Nanofluids, Review International Nano Letters. 2014; 4(4):109−20.
- Meyer JP, Nwosu PN, Sharifpur M, Ntumba T. Parametric Analysis of Effective Viscosity Models for Nanofluids, Proceedings of the ASME 2012 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE2012), Houston, USA; 2012. p. 1149−57.
- Mukesh Kumar PC, Kumar J, Suresh S. Review on Nanofluid Theoretical Viscosity Models, International Journal of Engineering Innovation and Research. 2012; 1(2):182−88.
- He Y, Jin Y, Chen H, Ding Y, Cang D, Lu H. Heat Transfer and Flow Behaviour of Aqueous Suspensions of TiO2 Nanoparticles (Nanofluids) Flowing Upward Through a Vertical Pipe, International Journal of Heat Mass Transfer.2007; 50(11-12):2272–81.
- Lu W-Q, Fan Q-M. Study for the Particle’s Scale Effect on some Thermo-physical Properties of Nanofluids by a Simplified Molecular Dynamics Method, Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements. 2008; 32(4):282–89.
- Prasher R, Song D, Wang J, Phelan P. Measurements of Nanofluid Viscosity and its Implications for Thermal Applications, Applied Physics Letters. 2006; 89(13):108−33.
- Mahbubul IM, Saidur R, Amalina MA. Latest Developments on the Viscosity of Nanofluids, International Journal of Heat Mass Transfer. 2012; 55(4):874–85.
- Pastoriza-Gallego MJ, Casanova C, Páramo R, Barbés B, Legido JL. A Study on Stability and Thermo-Physical Properties (density and viscosity) of Al2O3 in Water Nanofluid, Journal of Applied Physics. 2009; 106(6):301−08.
- Kwek D, Crivoi A, Duan F. Effects of Temperature and Particle Size on the Thermal Property Measurements of Al2O3–Water Nanofluids, Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data. 2010; 55(12):5690–95.
- Tavman I, Turgut A, Chirtoc M, Schuchmann HP, Tavman S. Experimental Investigation of Viscosity and Thermal Conductivity of Suspensions Containing Nanosized Ceramic Particles, Archives of Materials Science and Engineering. 2008; 34(2):99–104.
- Anoop KB, Kabelac S, Sundararajan T, Das SK. Rheological and Flow Characteristics of Nanofluids: Influence of Electroviscous Effects and Particle Agglomeration, Journal of Applied Physics. 2009; 106:909.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.