Total views : 145
Design and Fabrication of Friction Stir Welding End-Effector for an ABB IRB1410 Robot
Friction Stir Welding is a developing technology used in various Industrial applications due to the energy efficiency, environment friendliness and versatility. In this, we proposed modeling and fabrication of friction welding end-effector for ABB IRB1410 robot. We have a design in Solid Works and design analysis in ANSYS. Force calculations are done by placing the sensors on the outer surface of a gripper. Methods of evaluating weld quality are surveyed as well. The Friction welding is applied to aluminum sheets of 2 mm thickness. A prototype setup is developed to monitor the developed a main forces and tool temperature during the operation. The pressure of a gripper plays a significant role in tool rotation and developing torque. Fabrication work is done. The application of friction welding is used for the joining of the two dissimilar materials. It is used in industrial application with the perfect welding of work piece.
ABB IRB1410, Fabrication, Friction Welding, Design, Pneumatic Gun.
- Mohammad J Moradi, Mostafa Ketabchi. An Experimental Study of Microstructure and Mechanical Behavior of Alloy 625 Weld Overlay Deposited On ASTM A516 Grade 70. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 June; 8(12). Crossref.
- Sivachidambaram P, Balachandar K. Optimization of Pulsed Current TIG Welding Parameters on Al-SiC Metal Matrix Composite - An Empirical Approach, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 September; 8(23). Crossref.
- Muruganandam D, Balasubramaniyan C, Gokulachander B, Review Paper on Friction Stir Welding of Aluminium and Magnesium Alloys. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 December; 8(35). Crossref.
- Dilip Raja N, Velu R, Selvamani ST. An Experimental Study of Mechanical Properties and Effect of Welding Speed of Friction Stir Welding on Alluminium Alloy 6061. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 December; 8(35). Crossref.
- Parvez Iqbal AKM, M. M. Rahman,”Design and Fabrication of a Cool Box for Passenger Car using Automotive Airconditioning System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 September; 6(9). Crossref.
- Naga Malleswara Rao J, Chenna Kesava Reddy A, Rama Rao PV. Design and Fabrication of New Type of Dynamometer to Measure Radial Component of Cutting force and Experimental Investigation of Optimum Burnishing force in Roller Burnishing Process. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2010 July; 3(7). Crossref.
- Rajashekhar VS, Thiruppathi K. Design of a Bevel-Disk-Bevel Cam for a 360 Degree Friction Inducing Mechanism in a Snake Robot. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 September; 8(22). Crossref.
- Ashok Kumar K, Thamizharasi K. Gesture Controlled Robot using MEMS Accelerometer for Eradication of Weeds. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 March; 8(5). Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.