Total views : 214
Hybrid Classifier based Content based Image Retrieval
Objectives: Nowadays, the capacity of digital image information is rapidly surging. The computational complexity of retrieving images from database also increases. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Texture and colour are the most important components of visual information which can be used effectively to reduce the complexity. This paper presents Content- Based Image Retrieval System (CBIR) based on texture and colour similarity. The RGB colour space and the colour histogram are used as the colour feature of each image. The texture of each image is obtained by applying gray level co-occurrence matrix. Findings: Based on the similarity between image features CBIR methods retrieve images accurately from the image database. But the traditional system will work well only for the data set which has more dissimilarity. In this study, based on combining the Gaussian Mixture Model (GMM) with k-means clustering algorithm, a new hybrid algorithm for clustering is proposed. A one to one matching scheme is used to compare the query and target image on the basis of all the features extracted. This hybrid Gaussian mixture model will provide more accurate retrieval in the case of the dissimilarity between the image data set is very low. The proposed system is capable of working fewer dissimilarity data set as well more dissimilarity data. Applications/Improvements: The proposed hybrid retrieval method provide more accurate retrieval with the precision measures of 98% and also more robustness with retrieval of 95%.
Content-Based Image Retrieval (CBIR), Co-occurrence Matrix, Expectation-Maximization (EM) Algorithm, Feature Extraction, Gaussian Mixture Model (GMM), K-Means Clustering Algorithm.
- Butt S, Tariq M. Visual feature extraction for content-based image, 2013.
- Wang J Z. Wang database; Available from:http://wang.ist.psu.edu/. Jan ,2016.
- Karamizadeh F, Zolfagharifar AZ, Using the Clustering Algorithms and Rule-based of Data Mining to Identify Affecting Factors in the Profit and Loss of Third Party Insurance, Insurance Company Auto, Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016 Feb; 9(7): 1–9.
- Vora P, Oza B. A survey on k-mean clustering and particle swarm optimization. International Journal of Science Model Engineering (IJISME), 2013; 1(3): 24–6.
- Younus Z S, Mohamad D, Saba T, Alkawaz M H, Rehman A, Al-Rodhaan M, Al-Dhelaan A. Content-based image retrieval using PSO and k-means clustering algorithm, Journal of Geo Sciences. 2014;8(8): 6211–24.
- Dharmarajan A, Velmurugan T. Lung Cancer Data Analysis by k-means and Farthest First Clustering Algorithms, Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015; July, 8(15):1-8.
- Chen J. Perceptually-based texture and color features for image segmentation and retrieval, University of Northwestern: New York, 2003.
- Ahmed G F, Barskar R. A study on different image retrieval techniques in image processing. International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE). 2011; 1(4): 247–51.
- Koskela M. Interactive image retrieval using self-organizing maps, in Computer Science and Engineering ,Helsinki University of Technology: Espoo, 2003.
- Robotka Z, Zempleni A. Image retrieval using Gaussian mixture models , Annales University Sci. Budapest., Sect. Comp. 2009; 31, p. 93–105.
- Varghese T A. Performance enhanced optimization based image retrieval system. International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA). 2010; 1, p. 31–4.
- Al-Hamadani I. Fast access image retrieval system, University of Mosul Iraq: Iraq, 2006.
- Shanmugapriya N, Nallusamy R. A new content based image retrieval system using GMM and relevance feedback, Journal of Computer Science. 2014; 10 (2): 330-40.
- Permuter H, Francos J, Jermyn I H. Gaussian mixture models of texture and colourfor image database, Proceedings of the International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, ICASSP’03.2003; 3, p. 569–72.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.