Total views : 222
An Improved Load Balanced Distributed Weightbased Energy-efficient Clustering Hierarchy Routing Protocol for Military Application in MANET
Objectives: MANET has access to excess of real-time data in today’s modern military applications. A portion of military Internet protocol network has a number of challenging task to attain the quality of service to achieve load balancing and energy efficiency. The backhaul radio connected with routing protocol to create a network node doesn’t consider the load balancing problem. Methods: This paper proposes an improved Load Balanced Distributed Weight-based Energy-efficient Clustering (LBDWEC) hierarchy routing protocol algorithm for load balancing in cluster based MANET. A hierarchical routing path is tracked and stored in the cluster heads instead of the network nodes. Thus the routing overheads are reduced effectively. The performance of the Cluster Head (CH) in an unhinged and a non-reliable state degrades the network performance since the cluster head plays a dominant role in routing and tracing of messages between the source and the destination. Selecting a prominent cluster head is based on the electing and priority basis. The formation of a cluster results in three different levels like cluster head, strong and the weak nodes. The differentiation of stronger and weaker node is based on the evaluation of the network density, residual energy and transmission of data between source and destination. A multi agent routing based algorithm is generated to make a possible load balanced route between the source and the destination in the cluster supported network. Findings: A load balanced scheme is presented in this paper to achieve energy efficiency considering both energy usage and congestion amongst the network. The threshold value is accounted here to evaluate the overloading intermediate node with crisis to the queue length across the path. The proposed LBDWEC hierarchy routing protocol uses an optimal path to calculate the energy usage. The algorithm shows better results in achieving the throughput, message delivery ratio and energy efficiency with respective to load balancing in the clustering network.
Clustering, Energy, Hierarchical Routing, Mobile Ad-hoc Networks (MANETs), Load Balancing.
- Corson S, Macker J. Mobile Ad hoc Networking (MANET); 1999.
- Correa BA, Ospina RCHL. Survey on clustering techniques for mobile ad hoc networks. Revista Facultad de Ingenier. 2007; 41:145–61.
- Ade SA, Tijare PA. Performance comparison of AODV, DSDV, OLSR and DSR routing protocols in mobile ad hoc networks. International Journal of In-formation Technology and Knowledge Management. 2010; 2(2):545–48.
- Hong X, Xu K, Gerla M. Scalable routing protocols for mobile ad hoc networks. Onr Minuteman Project. 2002; 16(4):11–21.
- Maqbool B, Peer MA. Classification of current routing protocols for ad hoc Networks. 2010; 7(8):1–7.
- Su YY, Hwang SF, Dow CR. An Efficient Cluster-based routing algorithm in ad hoc networks with unidirectional links. Journal of Information Science and Engineering. 2008; 24:1409–28.
- Amis A, Prakash R, Huynh D, Vuong T. Max-min D-cluster formation in wireless ad hoc networks. Infocom. 2000;1:32–41.
- Zhou S. A trace-driven simulation study of dynamic load balancing. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. 1988; 14(9):1327–41.
- Tugrut DK, Das SK, Elmasri R. Balancing Loads in ad hoc mobile networks. 10th International Conference on Telecommunications ICT. 2003; 1(1):490–5.
- Dhurandher SK, Singh GV. Weight based adaptive clustering in wireless ad hoc networks. ICPWC 2005. 2005 IEEE International Conference on Personal Wireless Communications; 2005. p. 95–100.
- Aydin N, Nait-Abdesselam, Pryyma V, Turgut D. Overlapping clusters algorithm in ad hoc networks; 2010. p. 1–5.
- Alan DA, Prakash R. Load balancing clusters in wireless ad hoc networks. 2000. Proceedings, 3rd IEEE Symposium on Application-Specific Systems and Software Engineering Technology; 2000. p. 3–10.
- Turgut DK, Das SK, Elmasri R. Balancing loads in ad hoc networks; 2003.
- Rahman A, Hussein H, Yousef S, Arabiyat O. A load-balancing and weighted clustering algorithm in mobile ad-hoc network; 2009. p. 1–12.
- Aoudjit R, Lalam M, Zoughi A, Belkadi M ,Daoui M. Load balancing: An approach based on clustering in ad hoc networks. 2009; 17(2):1–8.
- Safa H, Artail OMH. A dynamic energy efficient clustering algorithm for MANETs; 2008. p. 51–6.
- Ghafran LAL, Yusof ZBM. Load-balancing technique in clustered mobile ad-hoc networks. International Conference on Advanced Computer Science Applications and Technologies, Kuching; 2013. p. 440–3.
- Bharadwaj S, Kumar V, Verma A. A review of load balanced routing protocols in mobile adhoc networks. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology; 2011. p. 1–10.
- Maheshwari D, Nedunchezhian D. Load balancing in mobile ad hoc networks: A survey. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012; 59(16):1–1.
- Rajkumar K. Efficient resource allocation in multicasting over mobile adhoc networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jun; 7(S5):1–5.
- Balamurugan B, Kamalraj D, Jegadeeswari S, Sugumaran M. Enhanced load balance to predict fast data stream using E-tree MSI method on cloud. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(16):1–8. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/ v9i16/84155.
- Rajendiran M, Srivatsa SK. Route efficient on demand multicast routing protocol with stability link for MANETs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 Jun; 5(6):1–6.
- Karthick SA, Sudhakar K. Link state quality method in AASR Protocol for securing ad-hoc network in adversary environment. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015; 10(16):12490–3.
- Kalaiselvi T, Murugan TS. An Improved load balanced connection aware clustering hierarchy protocol for military application in mobile ad hoc network. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology. 2016; 12(6):658–67.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.