Total views : 677
Performance Analysis of Qos Parameters of WSN by Varying Density of the Network
Objective: Performance analysis of QoS parameters of wireless sensor network by varying the density of the network (Number of Nodes) using NS-2. The performance metrics considered are packet delivery ratio, throughput, delay, routing overheads, average energy consumed and average residual energy etc. Methods/Analysis: Using NSG tool, scenarios with varying density are formed in 1000*1000 m*m area. NS2 is used to simulate the working of a network. AODV protocol is used for routing and CBR is used for traffic generation in network. Results: Packet delivery ratio decreases and routing overhead, delay increases as the number of nodes in the network increases. Throughput initially increases but starts decreasing after threshold point i.e, 50 nodes. It can be said that energy consumption decreases and residual energy increases with increasing density. Conclusion: From all the results it can be said that for constant reporting rate and packet size , 50 nodes scenario gives optimum result for all the parameters.
Density, QoS parameters, WSN.
- Sengaliappan M, Marimuthu A. Joint Congestion Control and Packet Scheduling in Wireless Sensor Network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(S8):321–32.
- Adly HF, Ragai AE, Elhennawy KA. Adaptive Packet Sizing for OTAP of PSoC Based Interface Board in WSN, Shehata College of Engineering, French University in Egypt, College of Engineering, Arab Academy for Science and Technology Cairo, Egypt.
- AL-khdour T, Baroudi U. An entropy-based throughput metric for fairly evaluating WSN routing protocols, KFUPM, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- Kadu S, Deshpande V. Handling throughput in Wireless Sensor Network. Conference Paper. 2012 Dec.
- Cheng C, Tse CK, Francis CML. A Delay-Aware Data Collection Network Structure for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Sensor Journals. 2011; 11(3).
- Kanmani G, Ramya M. Reducing delay in WSN Using Spray and Focus Algorithm. 2 nd International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering and Technology, ICCTET’14
- Broch J, Maltz DA, Johnson DB, Hu YC, Jetcheva J. A performance comparison of multi-hop wireless ad hoc network routing protocols. Proc. 4th IEEE MOBICOM, 1998.
- Vijayasankar K, Vedantham R, Khan O. Routing Overhead Optimization in Smart Grid Networks, The University of Texas at Austin, 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Power Line Communications and Its Applications (ISPLC).
- Abboud K, Zhuang W. Impact of Node Clustering on Routing Overhead in Wireless Networks. Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
- Calle M, Torres G. Energy Consumption in Wireless Sensor Networks using GSP. The 17th Annual IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC’06)
- Monica, Sharma A. Comparative Study of Energy Consumption for Wireless Sensor Networks based on Random and Grid Deployment Strategies.International Journal of Computer Applications. 2010 Sep; 6(1). (0975 – 8887).
- Baranidharan B, Akilandeswari N, Santhi B. EECDC: Energy Efficient Coverage Aware Data Collection in Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Jul; 6(7):4903–7.
- Abinaya R, Kamakshi S. Improving QOS using Artificial Neural Networks in Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 8(12). Doi: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i12/63283.
- Ramya R, Saravanakumar G, Ravi S. MAC Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(34). Doi: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i34/72318.
- Shenbagapriya R, Narayanan K. An Efficient Proactive Source Routing Protocol for Controlling the Overhead in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(30). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i30/61429.
- Sophia RF, Rekha G. Performance Comparison of AODV, DSDV and DSR Protocols in Mobile Networks using NS-2. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(8), Doi: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i8/87948.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.