Total views : 452
Optimized Design of Three Phase Squirrel Cage Induction Motor based on Maximum Efficiency Operating under the Rated Voltage – based on Software Platform
The efficiency maximization of thee phase induction motor operating at rated voltage and under the rated voltage is carried out with the help of JMAG Express. A computer program based on the output equations of three phase squirrel cage induction motor have been developed to check the initial design and performance of the induction motor with the help of graphic user interface (GUI). The output of GUI program is feed in the input targeted values of JMAG Express for parameter calculations and efficiency optimization. To optimize the efficiency as an objective function multiple parameters will be optimized and dimensions of stator and rotor are calculated in terms of sensitivity analysis at efficiency optimization. Calculations of under rated voltages are based on the averages voltages of the three unbalanced phases. The performance of the motor is carried out by considering the copper and aluminum cage rotor respectively. Due to reactive power demand, generally the motors which are designed for the rated voltages, but are operating under the rated voltages away from the utility center. To reduce the energy crises the aim of this research article is to improve the design quality of such type of motors with the help of JMAG Express, which distinguish it from other optimum designed processes based on programming languages, as this software is friendly user.
JMAG Express, Optimum Efficiency, Three Phase Induction Motor, Under Rated Voltage.
- Faiz Jawad. Optimum design of a three phase squirrelcage induction motor based on efficiency maximization. Elsevier, Computers Elect. Engg. 1995; 21(5):367-73.
- Li C and Rahman A. Three-phase induction motor design optimization using the modified Hook Jeeves method. Elect. Much. Power Systems 1990; 18:l-12.
- Thangaraj Radha. Optimal Design of Induction Motor for a Spinning Machine Using Population Based Metaheuristics. IEE, International Conference on Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management Applications (CISIM). 2010; p. 341-46.
- Nagrial MH. Computer-aided design optimization of polyphone induction motors. Computer & Elect. Engng. 1984; II(4):191-99.
- Faiz Jawad. Optimal design of three phase induction motors and their comparison with a typical industrial motor.
- Computers and Electrical Engineering. 2001; 27:133-44.
- Thanga Raj C. Design optimization of induction motors with differential evolution algorithms with an application in textile spinning. Applied Artificial Intelligence. 2012; 26:809–31.
- Sakthivel VP. Multi-objective parameter estimation of induction motor using particle swarm optimization. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence. 2010; 23:302–12.
- Appelbaum J. Optimization of three-phase induction motor design part 1: formulation of the optimization technique. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion. 1987 September; EC-2(3):404-14.
- Fci R, Fuchs EF & Huaug H. Comparison of two optimization as applied to three-phase induction motor design. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion. 1989; 4(4):651-9 10. Kim GK. Control of induction motors for both high dynamic performance and high power efficiency. IEEE Transaction. Ind. Electron. 1992; 39:323–33.
- Abido MA. Optimal power flow using particle swarm optimization. Electrical. Power Energy Syst. 2002; 24:563–71.
- Huang C, Wang M. A particle swarm optimization to identifying the ARMAX model for short- term load forecasting. IEEE Transactions on Power. Systems, 2005; 2(20):1126–33.
- Uler GF, Mohammed OA, Koh CS. Utilizing genetic algorithms for the optimal design of Electromagnetic devices. IEEE Transition. On Magnetics. 1994; 30(6):4296-98.
- Bianchi N, Bolognani S. Design optimization of electric motors by Genetic Algorithm. IEE Proc. Electr. Power Appl. 1998; 145: 475-83.
- Wieczorek JP. An evolutionary algorithm for the optimal design of induction motors. IEEE Transition on Magnetics. 1998; 34(6):3882-87.
- Pant Millie, Thangaraj Radha & Singh VP. Efficiency optimization of electric motors: a comparative study of stochastic algorithms. UK World Journal of Modelling and Simulation. 2008; 4(2):140-48.
- Erlicki MS and Appelbaum J. Optimized Parameter Analysis of an Induction Machines. IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems. 2009; pas-842(11):1017-24.
- Giridhar Kini P. Effect of Voltage and Load Variations on Efficiencies of a Motor-Pump System. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion. 2010 June; 25(2):287-92.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.