Total views : 253
Improved Modified Reputation-Base Trust for Wireless Sensor Networks Security
Background/Objectives: Trust, reputation and power resources limits of WSNs are active matters. In this paper Modified Reputation Based-Trust Mechanism (MRT) enhanced to minimize power consumption and increase privacy at the same time. Methods/Statistical analysis: Two security testing threats considered during simulation of proposed trust and reputation model in order to evaluate model efficiency and trustworthy. The first testing threat has to do with the oscillating behavior of the pernicious nodes offering the required service. The another threat applied contains of the possibility for the malicious nodes to sort a collusion through themselves. Findings: Simulation results prove limited energy consumption and enhancement is security better than previous studies. Application/Improvements: Proposed mechanism has security strengths against malicious nodes with oscillating and collusion effects. Results prove that its remains malleable to high percentages of malicious servers when the percentage of client sensors are greater than 60%.
Collusion, Modified Reputation-Base Trust, Oscillating, Power Consumption, Trust and Reputation Modls, Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs).
- Yanli Y, Keqiu L, Zhou W, Li P. Trust mechanisms in wireless sensor networks: Attack analysis and countermeasures. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2012; 35:867–80.
- Alkalbani A, Mantoro T, Tap AOM. Improving the lifetime of wireless sensor networks based on routing power factors. 4th International Conference on Networked Digital Technologies (NDT2012); Dubai, (UAE). 2012. p. 565–76.
- Mantoro T. Metrics evaluation for context-aware computing. Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing and Multimedia, ACM; 2009. p. 574–8.
- Chen H, Wu H., Zhou X, Gao C. Reputation-based trust in wireless sensor networks. International Conference on Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering (MUE'07); Seoul, Korea. 2007. p. 603–7.
- Josang A, Ismail R, and Boyd C. A survey of trust and reputation systems for online service provision. Decision Support Systems. 2007; 43(2):618–44.
- Sabater J, Sierra C. Review on computational trust and reputation models. Artificial Intelligence Review. 2005; 24(1):33–60.
- Wang J, Liu Y, Jiao Y. Building a trusted route in a mobile ad hoc network considering communication reliability and path length. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2011; 34(4):1138–49.
- Alkalbani A, Tap AOM, Mantoro T. Modified Reputation-Base Trust (MRT) for WSN Security. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. 2012; 56(2):417–27.
- Karlof C, Wagner D. Secure routing in wireless sensor networks: Attacks and countermeasures. Proceedings of the 1st IEEE International Workshop on Sensor Network Protocols and Applications; 2003. p. 293–325b.
- Srinivasan A, Teitelbaum J, Liang H, Wu J, Cardei M. Reputation and trust-based systems for ad hoc and sensor networks. Algorithms and Protocols for Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks; 2007.
- Srinivasan A, Teitelbaum J, Wu J. DRBTS: Distributed Reputation Based Beacon Trust System. 2nd IEEE International Symposium on Independable, Autonomic and Secure Computing; 2006. p. 277–83.
- Ganeriwal S, Baizano LK, Srivastava MB, Reputation based framework for high integrity sensor networks. ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks (TOSN). May 2008; 4(3):1–37.
- Marsh SP. Formalizing trust as a computational concept [PhD thesis]. Stirling: Department of Computing Science and Mathematics, University of Stirling; 1994.
- Mui L. Computational models of trust and reputation: Agents, evolutionary games, and social networks [PhD thesis]. Cambridge, USA: Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; 2002.
- Sun Y, Yang Y, Trust establishment in distributed networks: Analysis and modeling. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (IEEE ICC), Communication and Information Systems Security Symposium; Glasgow, Scotland. 2007 p. 1266–73.
- Lam SK, Riedl J. Shilling recommender systems for fun and profit. Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on World Wide Web (WWW ’04); 2004. p. 393–402.
- Marti S, Garcia-Molina H. Taxonomy of trust: Categorizing P2P reputation systems. Computer Networks. 2006; 50(4):472–84.
- Moloney S. Simulation of a distributed recommendation system for pervasive networks. SAC05: Symposium on Applied Computing; 2005. p. 1577–81.
- Marti S, Giuli TJ, Lai K, Baker M. Mitigating routing misbehavior in mobile ad hoc networks. International Conference on Mobile Computing And Networking (MOBICOM’00); 2000. p. 255–65.
- Hur J, Lee Y, Yoon H, Choi D, Jin S. Trust evaluation model for wireless sensor networks. The 7th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT '05); Gangwon-Do, Korea. 2005. p. 491–6.
- Gerrigagoitia K, Uribeetxeberria R, Zurutuza U, Arenaza I. Reputation-based intrusion detection system for wireless sensor networks. Complexity in Engineering (COMPENG); 2012. p. 1–5.
- Xiong L, Liu L. PeerTrust: Supporting reputation-based trust in peer-to-peer communities. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2004; 16(7):843–85.
- Zhou R, Hwang K. PowerTrust: A robust and scalable reputation system for trusted peer-to-peer computing. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2007; 18(4):460–73.
- Kamvar S, Schlosser M, Garcia-Molina H. The eigentrust algorithm for reputation management in P2P networks. Proceedings of the 12th international conference on World Wide Web (WWW03); 2003. p. 640–51.
- Dorigo M, Gambardella LM, Birattari M, Martinoli A, Poli R, Stutzle T. Ant colony optimization and swarm intelligence. 5th International Workshop, ANTS; Springer, Berlin, Germany. 2006. p. 224–34.
- Marmol F, Perez G. Providing trust in wireless sensor networks using a bio-inspired technique. Telecommunication Systems Journal. 2011; 46(2):163–80.
- Marmol F, Marin-Blazquez J, Perez G. LFTM: Linguistic Fuzzy Trust Mechanism for distributed networks. Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience. 2012; 24(17):2007–27.
- Zacharia G, Maes P. Collaborative reputation mechanisms in electronic marketplaces. Proceedings of the 32nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences; USA. 1999. p. 8.
- Yu B, Singh MP. Towards a probabilistic model of distributed reputation management. 4th Workshop on Deception, Fraud and Trust in Agent Societies; Montreal, Canada. 2001.
- Mui L, Mohtashemi M, Halberstadt A. A computational model of trust and reputation. 35th Hawaii International Conference on System Science (HICSS); 2002.
- Lopez J, Roman R, Agudo I, Fernandez-Gago C. Trust management systems for wireless sensor networks: best practices. Computer Communications. 2010; 33(9):1086–93.
- Gelman A, Carlin JB, Stern HS, Rubin DB. Bayesian data analysis. 2nd ed. Chapman and Hall; 2003.
- Ganeriwal S, Srivastava M. Reputation-based framework for high integrity sensor networks. Proceedings of the 2nd ACM Workshop on Security of Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks (SASN '04); Washington, DC, USA. 2004. p. 66–77.
- Nagarathna K, Kiran YB, Mallapur JD, Hiremath S. Trust based secured routing in wireless multimedia sensor networks. 4th International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks (CICSyN'12); 2012. p. 53–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.