Total views : 297
An UWB Radar Signal Processing Platform for Real- Time Human breathing Feature Extraction
Background/Objectives: To evacuate trapped victims in complex environment with the help of UWB to detect the victim whether injured or not even before evacuation. Methods/Statistical Analysis: UWB system was used for sensing the breathing activity. In this process, the primary issue is the definition of design constraints about the signal processing waveform to transmit, correctly for the concerned algorithms for retrieving the breathing frequency and waveform precisely even in worst environment noise. Findings: The observation made from this study showed that more bitwise linear characteristic produced by the captured radar breathing signals than sinusoidal characteristics. Applications/ Improvements: The proposed system helps to find the status of the victim whether dead or alive; healthy or injured
Biomedical Measurement, Bio Medical Signal Processing, Four Segment Linear Waveform, Piece Wise Linear Approximation, UWB Radar Tranceivers.
- Li J, Zeng Z, Sun J, Li F. Through wall detection of human being’s movement by UWB radar. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters. 2012; 9(6):1079-83.
- Lazaro A, Girbau D, Villarino R, Ramos A. Vital signs monitoring using Impulse based UWB radar signals. Manchester: Proceeding of 41st European Microwave Conference. 2011; p. 135-38.
- Liu LB, Liu Z, Barrowes B. Through-wall bio-radioactive with UWB impulse radar observation, simulation and signal extraction. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics Apple Earth Observe. 2011; 4(4):791-98.
- Hsieh CH, Shen YH, Chiu YF, Chu TS, Huang YH. Human respiratory feature extraction on an UWB radar signal processing platform. Beijing: Proceeding of International Symposium on Circuits Systems, (ISCAS). 2013; p. 1079-82.
- Immoreev I, Tao T-H. UWB radar for patient monitoring. IEEE Aerospace Electronic System Magazine. 2008; 23(11):11-18.
- Leib M, Menzel W, Schleicher B, Hermann S. Vital signs monitoring with a UWB radar based on a correlation receiver. Barcelona, Spain: Proceedings of 4th European Conference of the Antennas Propagation (EuCAP). 2010; p. 1-5.
- Kandar D, Sur SN, Bhaskar D, Guchhait A, Bera R, Sarkar CK. An Approach to Converge Communication and Radar Technologies for Intelligent Transportation System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2010 Apr; 3(4):417-21.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.