Total views : 248
Recognization of Delay Faults in Cluster based FPGA using BIST
This paper discussed about the increasing complexity of Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) in finding delay faults using BIST technique. It is a major challenge for FPGA for highest troubles shoot text and delay circuit quickly. Built-in-self-test method is a simple solution compared with expensive test equipment for the automatic transmission. Herein, the erection designed for the detection of delay faults in the second coefficient of FPGA resources Digital Signal Processing (DSP) block, FPGA board interconnects, Look-Up-Tables (LUT) and etc. The authors suggest comprehensive plan diagnose Bister to improve the effectiveness of the control logic, which diagnose all CLB 2 x 3 BIST are faulty. The overall process for the simulation has been done by tool Xilinx FPGA Vertex FPGA. The results show a significant improvement over previous methods.
BIST, CLB, Delay Fault, FPGA, LUT, ORA.
- Das N, Roy P, Rahaman H. Build-in-self-test of FPGA for diagnosis of delay fault. IEEE ASQED. 2011; 54–61.
- Das N, Roy P, Rahama H. New technique for testing of delay fault in cluster based FPGA. IEEE MWSCAS. 2011; 1–4.
- Harris IG, Menon PR, Tessier R. BIST-based delay path testing in FPGA architectures. IEEE ITC. 2001; 932–8.
- Das N, Ghosh S, Rahaman H. Detection of single stuck-at and bridging faults in cluster-based FPGA Architectures. Proc VDAT. 2007; 205–12.
- Das N, Roy P, Rahama H. On line testing of single feedback bridging fault in cluster based FPGA by using Asynchronous element. IEEE IOLTS. 2008.
- Girard P, Heron O, Pravossoudovitch S, Renovell M. Delay fault testing of look-up table in SRAM-based FPGA. J Electron Test, Theory Appl. 2005; 21:43–55.
- Abramovic M, Breuer MA, Friedman AD. Digital system testing and testable design, Wiley-Addison, 1994.
- Stroud C, Wijesuriya S, Hamilton C. Built-in self test of FPGA interconnect. Int Test Conf. 1998. p. 404–11.
- Dutt S, Verma V, Suthar V. Build-in-self-test of FPGA with provable diagnos abilities and high diagnostic coverage with application to online testing. IEEE TCAD. 2008; 27:309–26.
- Abramovici M, Stroud CE. BIST based delay fault testing in FPGA. J Electron Test. 2003; 19:549–58.
- Lai L, Chen WT, Rinderknecht T. Programmable scan based logic build-in-self-test. 16th IEEE Asian Test Symp. 2007; 371–7.
- Girard P, Heron O, Pravossoudovitch S, Renovell M. Defect analysis for delay-fault in FPGAs. 9th IEEE IOLTS. 2003; 1–5.
- Girard P, Heron O, Pravossoudovitch S, Renovell M. An efficient BIST architecture for delay fault in the logic cell of symmetrical ARAM-based FPGAs. J Electron Test, Theory Appl. 2006; 22:161–72.
- Smith J, Xia T, Stroud C. An automated BIST architecture for testing and diagnosing FPGA Interconnect. J Electron Test. 2006; 22:239–53.
- Abramovici M, Emmert JM, Stroud CE. Roving STARs: an intregated approach to on-line testing, diagnosis, and fault tolerance for FPGAs in adaptive computing system. Third NASA/DOD Workshop. 2001; 73–92.
- Das N, Rahaman H, Banerjee I. BIST to diagnosis delay fault in the LUT of cluster based FPGA. IEEE ICNCC. 2011; 252–6.
- Xilinx Corp: Available from: www.xilinx.com
- Rahaman H, Mathew J, Pradhan DK. Transition fault testability in bit parallel multipliers over GF(2 m). IEEE VLSI Test Symp. (VTS07), Berkeley, California, USA. 2007 May 6–10; 422–30.
- Cheng C-K, Liillis J, Lin S, Cheng N. Interconnect analysis and synthesis, Wiley-Interscience, 2000.
- Chen WY, Gupta SK, Breuer MA. Analytical models for crosstalk exicitation and propagation in VLSI circuits. IEEE TCAD. 2002 Oct; 21:1117–31.
- Das N, Roy P, Rahaman H. On-line detection of crosstalk fault in FPGA using BIST model. IEEE VDAT. 2011.
- Abramovici M, Emmert JM, Stroud CE. On-line BIST and BIST-based diagnosis of FPGA logic block. IEEE Tnans VLSI Syst. 2004; 12(12):1284–94.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.