Total views : 211
A Novel Technique to Control Congestion and Energy Aware Routing Scheme for Wireless Mobile Ad hoc Networks
Background/Objectives: With the increase of portable devices as well as progress in wireless communication, Mobile Ad-hoc Networking is gaining importance with the increasing number of widespread applications. Due to the special characteristics of MANET, such as dynamic nature, energy constrains, lack of centralized infrastructure and link capacity make load balancing over these networks a challenging objective. Also a major concern in MANET is energy conservation due to the limited lifetime of mobile devices. Energy is a precious resource in MANET. For many multi-hop scenarios, nodes are battery-operated, thus requiring efficient energy management to ensure connectivity across the network. Findings: In MANET, balancing the load can evenly distribute the traffic over the network and to prevent early expiration of overloaded nodes. To achieve this, we combine load balancing and energy aware routing technique and named as Path Efficient and Energy Aware Ad Hoc Multipath Distance Vector (PE-EA-AOMDV) routing protocol. Improvements: The proposed scheme is simulated and results show that there are significant improvements in the proposed scheme compared to AOMDV, PEAOMDV and EA-AOMDV with respect to packet loss, normalized routing overhead, packet delivery fraction, throughput and routing overhead.
AOMDV, EA-AOMDV, Load Balancing, Mobile Ad Hoc Network, Multipath Routing.
- Murthy CSR, Manoj BS. Pearson Education: AD Hoc Wireless Networks. 2004.
- Duyen TH, Benjapolakul W, Minh DP. Performance evaluation and comparison of different ad hoc routing protocols. Elsevier Computer Communications. 2007; 30(11-12):2478-96.
- Radwan A, Mahmoud TM, Houssein EH. Performance measurement of some mobile adhoc network routing protocols. International Journal of Computer Science Issues (IJCSI). 2011; 8(1):107-12.
- Rivano H, Theoleyre F, Valois F. A Framework for the Capacity Evaluation of Multi hops Wireless Networks. Ad Hoc Sensor Wireless Networks (AHSWN). 2010; 9(3):139-62.
- Tarique M, Tepe KE, Adibi S, Erfani S. Survey of multipath routing protocols for mobile ad hoc networks. Journal of Network and Computer Application Elsevier. 2009; 32(6):1125-43.
- Periyasamy P, Karthikeyan E. Survey of Current Multipath Routing Protocols for Mobile Ad hoc Networks. Internation Journal Computer Network and Information Security. 2013; 5(12):68-79.
- Kar K, Kodialam M, Lakshman T, Tassiulas L. Routing for Network Capacity Maximization in Energy-Constrained Ad-Hoc Networks. USA: Proceedings of IEEE Computer and Communications (IEEE INFOCOM ‘03). 2003; 1:673–81.
- Chang JH, Tassiulas L. Energy Conserving Routing in Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks. Tel Aviv: Proceedings of the 19th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications (IEEE INFOCOM ‘00). 2000; p. 22–31.
- Li Q, Aslam J, Rus D. Online Power-Aware Routing in Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks. Proceedings of ACM Mobicom. 2001; p. 91-107.
- Dong Q, Banerjee S, Adler M, Misra A. Minimum Energy Reliable Paths Using Unreliable Wireless Links. Proc. ACM Int’lSymp. Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoc). 2005; p. 449-59.
- Stojmenovic I, Datta S. Power and Cost Aware Localized Routing with Guaranteed Delivery in Wireless Networks. Wireless Comm. and Mobile Computing. 2004; 4(2):175-88.
- Kuruvila J, Nayak A, Stojmenovic I. Progress and Location Based Localized Power Aware Routing for Ad Hoc and Sensor Wireless Networks. Int’l J. Distributed Sensor Networks. 2006; 2(2):147-59.
- Pham P, Perreau S. Multi-path routing protocol with load balancing policy in mobile ad hoc network. IEEE MWCN’2002. 2002; p. 48-52.
- Yang W, Yang X, Liu G, Dong C. A Bandwidth Aware Multi-path Routing Protocol in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. Journal of Computational Information Sysytems. 2011; p. 685-96.
- Wang I, Zhang L, Shu Y, Dong. Multipath source routing in wireless ad hoc networks. Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computing Engineering. 2000; p. 479-83.
- Shin D, Lee J, Kim J, Jooseok. A2 OMDV: An Adaptive ad hoc on-demand multipath distance vector routing protocol using dynamic route switching. Journal of Engineering Science and Technology. 2009; p. 171-83.
- Pham PP, Perreau S. Increasing the network performance using multi-path routing mechanism with load balance. ELSEVIER Ad Hoc Networks 2004; 2(4):433-59.
- Tashtoush Y, Darwish O, Hayajne M. Fibonacci sequence based multipath load balancing approach for mobile ad hoc networks. Elsevier: International Journal of Ad Hoc Networks. 2014; 16:237-46.
- Khamayseh Y, Obiedat G, Yassin MB. Mobility and Load aware Routing protocol for ad hoc networks. Elsevier: Journal of King Saud University-Computer and Information Sciences. 2011; 23:105-13.
- Sharma VK, Bhadauria SS. Mobile Agent Based Congestion Control Using Aodv Routing Protocol Technique for Mobile Ad-Hoc Network. International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Networks (IJWMN). 2012; 4(2):1-16.
- Venkatasubramanian S, Gopalan NP. A quality of service architecture for resource provisioning and rate control in mobile ad hoc networks. International Journal of Ad hoc, Sensor & Ubiquitous Computing (IJASUC). 2010; 1(3):106-20.
- Toh CK, Le AN, Cho YZ. Load Balanced Routing Protocols for Ad Hoc Mobile Wireless Networks. IEEE Communictions Magazine. 2009; 47(8):78-84.
- Marina MK, Das S. On-demand multi path distance vector routing in ad hoc networks. USA: Proceedings of the IEEE ICNP. 2001; p. 14–23.
- Kokilamani M, Karthikeyan E. A new Route Selection Strategy for Multipath Routing in MANET. International Journal of Mobile & Adhoc Network. 2015; 5(1):5-17.
- Kokilamani M, Karthikeyan E. A New Approach for Path Selection Using Energy in Multipath Routing for Wireless Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015; 14(10):34834-43.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.