Total views : 364
Analysis of Maximum Loadability of a Bus for Different Load Models using New Algorithms
Objective: Load modelling has a prominent place in present scenario of power systems research. In this paper various load models are considered for assessing maximum loadability using new algorithms. This has got a lot of significance in the voltage stability studies. Methods/Analysis: Generally constant representation of loads was considered. But the load characteristics significantly affect the power system’s performance. Constant models can not accurately describe the actual nature and behaviour of loads. Findings: Constant Power, Constant Impedance, Constant Current as well as composite (ZIP) load model are considered for assessing maximum loadability using a new algorithm. Constant Impedance, Constant Current Load models are established using node elimination technique. Application/Improvements: Case studies are conducted on IEEE 14 bus system with different load models and the test results are compared.
Constant Current Model (I), Constant Impedance Model (Z), Constant Power Model (P), Maximum Loadability, ZIP Model
- Kundur P. Power system stability and control. USA: Mcgraw-Hill; 2013.
- Rao KU. Computer Techniques and Models in Power Systems. 2007
- Lal NK, Mubeen SE. Voltage dependent load in power flow analysis. Electrical and Electronics Engineering: An International Journal (ELELIJ). 2015; 4(2):65–77.
- Chakrabarti S. Static load modelling and voltage stability indices. International Journal of Power and Energy Systems. 2009; 29(3):200–5.
- Chassin FS, Mayhorn ET, Elizonda MA, Lu S. Load modelling and calibration techniques for power system studies. North American Power Symposium (NAPS); Boston, MA. 2011. p. 1–7.
- Kepka J. Load modelling for power system analysis. Poland: Wroclaw University of Technology; 2014. p. 1–4.
- Mota LTM, Mota AS. Load modelling at electric power distribution substations using dynamic load parameters estimation. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2004; 26(10):805–11.
- Chung DH. A study on the measurement based approach techniques for static load modelling. International Journal of Computer and Information Technology. 2014; 3(2):199–204.
- Batseva NL, Pankratov AV, Khrushchev YV, Prokhorov AV, Tavlintsev AS. Technique for field data based identification of static polynomial load model. International Conference on Mechanical Engineering Automation and Control Systems (MEACS); Tomsk. 2014. p. 1–5.
- Hatipoglu K, Fidan I. MATLAB based GUI to investigate effect of voltage changes on static ZIP Load model in a micro grid. IEEE SOUTHEASTCON; Lexington, KY. 2014. p. 1–5.
- Ribeiro JR, Lange FJ. A new aggregation method for determining composite load characteristics. IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems. 1982; 101(8):2869–75.
- Meyer FJ, Lee KY. Improved dynamic load model for power system stability studies. IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems. 1982; 101(9):3303–9.
- Navarro IR. Dynamic power system load estimation of parameters from operational data. Sweden: Lund University; 2002.
- Price WW, Taylor CW, Rogers GJ. Standard load models for power flow and dynamic performance simulation. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 1995; 10(3):1302–13.
- Patel SD, Raval HH, Patel AG. Voltage stability analysis of power systems using continuation power flow method. International Journal of Technological Research in Engineering. 2014; 1(9):763–7.
- Vignesh V, Chakrabarthi S, Srivastava SC. An experimental study on the load modelling using PMU measurements. 2014 IEEE PES T&D Conference and Exposition; 2014. p. 1–5.
- Suresh Kumar LV, Sudhir R. Effect of different load models on rotor angle stability. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA); 2012. p. 5–9.
- Vignesh V, Chakrabarthi S, Srivastava SC. Power system load modelling under large and small disturbances using phasor measurement units data. IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution. 2015; 9(12):1316–23.
- Vignesh V, Chakrabarthi S, Srivastava SC. Classifiction and modelling of loads in power system using SVM and optimization approach. IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting; Denver, CO. 2015. p. 1–5.
- Sadeghi M, Abdollahi Sarvi G. Determination of ZIP parameters with least squares optimization method. IEEE Electrical Power and Energy Conference (EPEC); Montreal, QC. 2009. p. 1–6.
- Radmanesh H, Heidari Yazdi SS, Mosazadeh SU, Gharehpetian GB. Studying voltage stability in power system considering load dynamics. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013; 6(11):5487–94.
- Harish Kiran S, Sekhar Dash S, Subramani C, Pathy S. An efficient swarm optimization technique for stability analysis in IEEE – 14 Bus System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(13):1–6.
- Elahimanesh A, Moghimi SM, Aghamohammadi MR. Effect of distributed generation units on stability improving trend of IEEE 14 and 34 Bus test network voltage. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(15):1–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.