Total views : 256
Optimal Wind Turbine Micrositing: A Case of Multi-Directional and Uniform Wind Speed
Objectives: Wind turbine micro siting is a major issue while an appropriate wind farm layout is required in terms of maximum generation of energy and lowest cost investment. The energy production majorly depends upon the demographic conditions of the location while the investment involves the major expenses like civil works, wind turbine acquisitions etc. Many research studies have been undertaken to cope with the problem of acquiring the appropriate wind farm layout development by optimizing the wind turbine micrositing. The objective of the study is to find the optimized cost per unit power if the wind speed is constant but multi-directional. Methods/Analysis: The Jansen’s analytical model is used to undertake the study problem for the case when the wind is at constant speed but multi-directional. Findings: An optimal layout for the considered problem is proposed where the wind is considered from all directions. Novelty/Improvement: A wind farm layout consists of 34 wind turbines producing 77760 KW per year at 311x10-3 cost per unit power is acquired that is an improved solution to optimal wind turbine micrositing for the mentioned case.
Micrositing, Energy, Optimization, Wind Turbines, Wind Farms.
- Wagan AI, Shaikh MM, Abro R. Wind turbine micrositing by using the firefly algorithm. Applied Soft Computing. 2015; 27:450–6.
- Palma J, Castro F, Ribeiro L, Rodrigues A, Pinto A. Linear and nonlinear models in wind resource assessment and wind turbine micro-siting in complex terrain. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. 2008; 96(12):2308–26.
- Uchida T, Ohya Y. Micro-siting technique for wind turbine generators by using large-eddy simulation. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. 2008; 96(10):2121–38.
- Rajper S, Amin IJ. Optimization of wind turbine micrositing: A comparative study. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2012; 16(8):5485–92.
- Gonzalez JS, Payan MB, Santos JMR, Gonzalez-Longatt F. A review and recent developments in the optimal wind-turbine micro-siting problem. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2014; 30;133–44.
- Gonzalez JS, Rodriguez AGG, Mora JC, Santos JR, Payan MB. Optimization of wind farm turbines layout using an evolutive algorithm. Renewable energy. 2010; 35(8):1671– 81.
- Shakoor R, Hassan MY, Raheem A, Rasheed N. The modelling of wind farm layout optimization for the reduction of wake losses. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(17):1–9.
- Mosetti G, Poloni C, Diviacco B. Optimization of wind turbine positioning in large windfarms by means of a genetic algorithm. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. 1994; 51(1):105–16.
- Jensen NO. A note on wind generator interaction; 1983. p. 1–18.
- Grady S, Hussaini M, Abdullah MM. Placement of wind turbines using genetic algorithms. Renewable energy. 2005; 30(2):259–70.
- Marmidis G, Lazarou S, Pyrgioti E. Optimal placement of wind turbines in a wind park using Monte Carlo simulation. Renewable energy. 2008; 33(7):1455–60.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.