Total views : 339
Real-Time Ambience Sensing and Image Authentication using Internet of Things (IOT) in a Fleet Tracking System
Background/Objectives: To create a comprehensive fleet tracking system using Internet Of Things (IOT). A fleet tracking system generally provides information on the route that is being used by the vehicle. Other general information like source, destination and driver information can be fed into the system beforehand. Methods/Statistical Analysis: For Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) applications, it becomes necessary to provide several real-time data such as temperature, pressure and humidity to ensure that the transported perishable goods are in good condition. In this paper, the parameters are monitored using a Raspberry-pi and a Sense Hat. Findings: This paper also aims to provide a security feature that can identify authorised personnel who can get access to the transported goods, using Raspberry pi and a Raspberry pi Camera with night vision to provide the real-time information and security alerts using image processing technology. These data are then fed to a server to provide access to drivers, administrators, vendors and management teams for efficient handling of the services. Applications/Improvements: With the boom in online shopping sector and an increase in demand in the freight transportation services, a security feature that can identify authorised personnel can go a long way in improving security.
IoT, ITS, Raspberry pi, Sense Hat
- Jesus RJ, Joossen G, Sanz D, del Cerro J, Barrientos A. MiniUAV based sensory system for measuring environmental variables in greenhouses. Sensors. 2015; 15(2):3334-50.
- Almomani IM, Alkhalil NY, Ahmad EM, Jodeh RM. Ubiquitous GPS vehicle tracking and management system. IEEE Jordan Conference on Applied Electrical Engineering and Computing Technologies (AEECT); Amman. 2011. p. 1-6.
- Constantinescu Z, Vladoiu M. Challenges in safety, security and privacy in the development of vehicle Tracking Systems. 17th International Conference on System Theory and Computing (ICSTCC); Sinaia. 2013. p. 607-12.
- Lee SJ, Tewolde G, Kwon J. Design and implementation of vehicle tracking system using GPS/GSM/GPRS technology and smart-phone application. IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things (IoT); Seoul. 2014. p. 353–8.
- Pham HD, Drieberg M, Nguyen CC. Development of fleet tracking system using GPS and GSM modem. 2013 IEEE Conference on Open Systems (ICOS); Kuching. 2013. p. 89-94.
- Jesudoss AN, Subramaniam P. EAM: Architecting efficient authentication model for internet security using image-based onetime password technique. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(7). Doi no:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i7/85017
- Rafidha Rehiman KA, Veni S. A secure authentication infrastructure for IoT Enabled smart mobile devices – An Initial Prototype. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(9). Doi no:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i9/86791
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.