Total views : 247
Efficient Combinatorial Optimization Algorithm for Exploiting Modification Direction in Data Embedding
Background/Objectives: Steganographic techniques embed a secret to host cover to conceal its content. Among several methods for data embedding, Exploiting Modification Direction (EMD), which is simple and efficient, has attracted a lot of attention lately. Methods/Statistical Analysis: However, the recent schemes based on this method have high stego-image distortion. In this paper, we employ combinatorial optimization algorithm, also known as Hungarian algorithm to reorganize the secret sequences. Findings: As a result, we can remarkably reduce the distortion and achieve the best quality of stego-image. Moreover, experimental results show that our scheme is stable under different scenarios regardless of common case, worst case, or best case. Application/Improvements: Due to the simplicity and efficiency, the method is suitable for real-time application. This method is improved further to enhance embedding capacity while remaining the image quality
Data Hiding, EMD, Hungarian Algorithm, Information Security, Optimization, Steganography.
- Turner LF. Digital data security system. Patent IPN. 1989, WO 89/08915.
- Dumitrescu S, Wu X, Wang Z. Detection of LSB steganography via sample pair analysis. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2003; 51(7):1995–2007.
- Mielikainen J. LSB matching revisited IEEE Signal Processing Letters. 2006; 13(5):285–87.
- Chan CK, Cheng LM. Hiding data in images by simple LSB substitution. Pattern Recognition. 2004; 37(3):469–74.
- Zhang X, Wang S. Efficient Stegonographic embedding by exploiting modification direction. IEEE Communication Letters. 2006; 10 (11):1–3.
- Thanikaiselvan V, Bansal T, Jain P, Shastri S. 9/7 IWT domain data hiding in image using adaptive and non adaptive methods. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(5). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i5/87189.
- Chao RM, Wu HC, Lee CC, Chu YP. A novel image data hiding scheme with diamond encoding. EURASIP Journal of Information Security. 2009 May 4.
- Kuo WC, Chang SY. Hybrid GEMD data hiding. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing. 2013; 4 (2).
- Kuo WC, Wang CC. Data hiding based on generalized exploiting modification direction method. The Imaging Science Journal. 2013; 61:484–90.
- Lee CF, Chang CC, WangKH. An improvement of EMD embedding method for large payloads by pixel segmentation strategy. Image and Vision Computing. 2008; 26:1670–76.
- Jung KH, Yoo KY. Improved exploiting modification direction method by modulus operation. International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern. 2009; 2(1):79–87.
- Wang J, Sun Y, Xu H, Chen K, Kim HJ, Joo SH. An improved section-wise exploiting modification direction method. Signal Processing. 2010; 90:2954–64.
- Hong W, Chen TS. A novel data embedding method using adaptive pixel pair matching. IEEE Traction on Information Forensics and Security. 2012; 7(1).
- Wang Z, Bovik AC, Sheikh HR, Simoncelli EP. Image quality assessment: from error visibility to structure similarity. IEEE Transaction on Image Processing. 2004; 13(4):600–12.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.