Total views : 194
Fuzzy Tuned PI based Shunt Hybrid Power Filter for Power Quality Improvement
Objective:This paper explores the power condition abilities of Shunt Hybrid Power Filter (SHPF) with fuzzy tuned PI based control method in a distribution system. Method:A fuzzy tuner is proposed in this paper for tuning the parameters of proportional plus integral (PI) controller so that to improve the performance of the SHPF.The compensation process is based on source current sensing only. Synchronous Reference Frame(SRF) theory is used for generating reference currents, whereas linear current controller has been used to track these reference currents. Space Vector Pulse Width Modulation (SVPWM) has been employed to obtain the switching signals required for Voltage Source Converter (VSC). Findings/Improvements:Simulation analysis has been carried out to assess the performance of proposed control scheme. The simulation analysis proved that shunt hybrid power filters to be a potent solution for compensating the harmonics andreactive power of the distribution system.From the Simulation results, total harmonic distortion (THD), steady state response and dynamic behavior of the fuzzy tuned PI controller based SHPF is found to be better than conventional PI controller.
Fuzzy tuned to PI, Reactive Power, SHPF, SRF,SVPWM, Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
- Dugan R. C, McGranaghan M. F, Surya Santoso and Beaty H. W.., Electrical Power Systems Quality. New York, USA: McGraw-Hill;, , 2003.
- Johnson K and Zavadil R. Assessing the Impacts of Nonlinear Loads on Power Quality in Commercial Buildings-an Overview., Conference Record of the 1991 IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting, p.1863–69, October 1991.
- . Gonzalez D. A and McCall J. C. Design of Filters to Reduce Harmonic Distortion in Industrial Power Systems., IEEE Transactions on Industrial Applications., 1987; IA-23, p.504-12,.
- Das J. C. Passive Filters; Potentialities and Limitations., IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications., 2004; Vol. 40: 232- 41,.
- Nastran J., Cajhen R., Seliger M and Jereb P.Active Power Filter for Nonlinear AC Loads., IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics., January 1994; Vol.9(1).92-6.,.
- Singh B. Al-Haddad K and Chandra A.A Review Of Active Filters For Power Quality Improvement. IEEE Transactions Industrial Electronics. October 1999; Vol.46(.5): 960–71,.
- Suresh N, Babu R S R.,Review on Harmonics and its Eliminating Strategies in Power System., Indian Journal of Science and Technology., 2015 July;, 8(13):1-9.
- Saravanan T, Srinivasan V, Saritha G.Basic Compensation Principle and Reference Current Generation., Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(32):1-8.
- Mary M P P, Sivachidambaranathan V.Enhancement of Active Power Filter Operational Performance Using SRF Theory for Renewable Source. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(21):1-7.
- Jain S K, AgrawalP, Gupta H O.Fuzzy Logic Controlled Shunt Active Power Filter for Power Quality Improvement. IEE Proceedings - Electric Power Applications., 2002 Sep;149(5):317-28.
- Luo A, Shuai Z, Zhu W, Fan R, Tu C.Development of Hybrid Active Power Filter Based on the Adaptive Fuzzy Dividing Frequency-Control Method. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery., 2009 Jan; 24(1):424-32.
- Jha M, Dubey S P.Neuro-Fuzzy Based Controller for a Shunt Active Power Filter. Power and Energy Systems (ICPS., 2011 International Conference on., Chennai. 2011; 1-7.
- Tsengenes, Adamidis G.Shunt Active Power Filter Control Using Fuzzy Logic Controllers. 2011 IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics. Gdansk. 2011; 365-71.
- Chen L. and Jouanne A. A Comparison and Assessment of Hybrid Filter Topologies and Control Algorithms. Proceedings of the IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference (PESC). Vancouver, Canada: IEEE, 565-70: June 2001.
- Chung S K.A Phase Tracking System for Three Phase Utility Interface Inverters. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics., 2000 May;15(3): 431-38.
- PassinoK M and Yurkovich S.Fuzzy Control. California: Addison Wesley Longman Publication; , 1998.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.