Total views : 418
Role of PI/Fuzzy Logic Controlled Transformerless Shunt Hybrid Power Filter using 6-Switch 2-Leg Inverter to Ease Harmonics in Distribution System
Background/Objective: The intention of this paper is to propose a Transformerless Shunt Hybrid Power Filter (TSHPF) using 6-Switch 2-Leg Inverter (SSTL) to enhance the power quality in distribution systems. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The TSHPF comprises of SSTL inverter and passive filter coupled to Point of Common Coupling (PCC). Here SSTL inverter acts as Shunt Active Filter (SAF). The DC bus voltage in SSTL inverter is retained by using PI/Fuzzy controller. To generate switching pulses in inverter linear control method is used. Here a TSHPF incorporated with fuzzy controller is developed and comparative analysis is made w.r.t conventional PI controller. Findings: The proposed system is simulated in MATLAB/ SIMULINK for both control strategies. Simulation results shows that compared to PI, by including fuzzy controller the total harmonic distortion is reduced from 8.64% to 3.40%. Improvement: The PI controller is not feasible because explicit mathematical model is needed. Hence, fuzzy controller based TSHPF is much efficient for enhancing the power quality.
Harmonic Currents, Hybrid Power Filter (HPF), Non-Linear Loads, Power Quality, Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
- IEEE Recommended Practices and Requirements for Harmonics Control in Electrical Power Systems. IEEE Std 1993. p. 519-1992.
- Suresh N, Babu SRR. Review on harmonics and its eliminating strategies in power system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(13):1–9.
- Singh B, Al-Haddad K, Chandra A. A review of active filters for power quality improvement. IEEE Trans Ind Electron. 1999 Oct; 46(5):960–71.
- Akagi H. Active harmonic filters. Proc IEEE. 2005 Dec; 93(12):2128–41.
- Peng FZ. Application issues of active power filters. IEEE Ind Appl Mag. 2001 Sep/Oct; 4(5):21–30.
- Peng FZ, Akagi H, Nabae A. A new approach to harmonic compensation in power systems – A combined system of shunt passive and series active filters. IEEE Trans Ind Appl. 1990; 26(6):983–90.
- Tangtheerajaroonwong W, Hatada T, Wada K, Akagi H. Design of a Transformerless Shunt Hybrid Filter integrated into a three-phase diode rectifier. Conf Rec IEEE-PESC; Jeju. 2006. p. 1426–32.
- Verma V, Singh B. Design and implementation of a current controlled parallel hybrid power filter. IEEE Trans Ind Appl. 2009 Sep/Oct; 45(5):1910–7.
- Srianthumrong S, Akagi H. A medium-voltage transformerless AC/DC power conversion system consisting of a diode rectifier and a shunt hybrid filter. IEEE Trans Ind Appl. 2003 May/Jun; 39(3):874–82.
- Limongi LR, Silva Filho LRD, Genu LGB, Bradaschia F, Cavalcanti MC. Transformerless Hybrid Power Filter based on a six-switch two-leg inverter for improved harmonic compensation performance. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2015 Jan; 62(1):40–51.
- Pauline Mary MPP, Sivachidambaranathan V. Enhancement of active power filter operational performance using SRF theory for renewable sources. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(21):1–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.