Total views : 300
Prioritizing the Factors Effective on Decreasing the Rate of Accidents in Iran Freeways between 2013-2015
Traffic accidents is one of the causes for death, serious financial and bodily harms and its significant social, economic and cultural consequences threatens the societies seriously. Iran's ground transportation system is one of the most eventful transportation systems in the world and mortality rate and financial harms cost too much for the country in national aspect. Therefore, we have presented a data collection by referring to recorded statistics of the accidents occurred in freeways from 2013 to 2015. This statistics are recorded in different related data bases, generally police and road transportation system. The data is separated and arranged in tables and after preparing, processing and prioritizing the factors, the achieved collection is presented to the departments, managers and researchers to help them suggest practical solutions.
Death, Drowsiness, Freeways Accidents, Humane Causes, Tiredness.
- Nikzad MF. Traffic accidents and their damages. 1st ed. Tehran: Naja Printing Office; 2006.
- Bhalla K, Naghavi M, Shahraz S. Building national estimates of the burden of road traffic injuries in developing countries from all available data sources: Iran. Inj Prev. 2009; 15(3):150–6.
- Jovanis P, Chang H. Disaggregate model of highway accident occurrence using survival theory accident. Analysis and Prevention. 1989; 21(5):445–5.
- Malyshkina N, Mannering FL. Empirical assessment of the impact of highway design exceptions on the frequency and severity of vehicle accidents. Accident Analysis and Prevention. 2010; 42(1):131–9.
- Lord D, Miranda-Moreno LF. Effects of low sample mean values and small sample size on the estimation of the fixed dispersion parameter of Poisson gamma models for modeling motor vehicle crashes: A Bayesian perspective. Safety Science. 2008; 46(5):751–70.
- Sellers KF, Shmueli G. A flexible regression model for count data. Annals of Applied Statistics. 2010; 4(2):943–61.
- Daniels S, Brijs T, Nuyts E, Wets G. Explaining variation in safety performance of roundabouts. Accident Analysis and Prevention. 2010; 42(2):393–402.
- Oh J, Washington SP, Nam D. Accident prediction model for railway highway interfaces. Accident Analysis and Prevention. 2006; 38(2):346–56.
- Li X, Lord D, Zhang Y. Development of accident modification factors for rural frontage road segments in Texas using results from generalized additive models. Journal of Transportation Engineering. 2011; 137(1):74–83.
- Guo F, Wang X, Abdel-Aty M. Modeling signalized intersection safety with corridor spatial correlations. Accident Analysis and Prevention. 2010; 42(1):84–92.
- Caliendo C, Guida M, Parisi A. A crash-prediction model for multilane roads. Accident Analysis and Prevention. 2007; 39(4):657–70.
- El-Basyouny K, Sayed T. Accident prediction models with random corridor parameters. Accident Analysis and Prevention. 2009; 41(5):1118–23.
- Park BJ, Lord D, Hart JD. Bias properties of Bayesian statistics in finite mixture of negative regression models for crash data analysis. Accident Analysis and Prevention. 2010; 42(2):741–9.
- Llorca C, Garcia A. Evaluation of passing process on two-lane rural highways in Spain using a new methodology based on video data. Transportation Research Board (TRB). 2011 Annual Meeting CD-ROM; 2011.
- Charlton SG. Delineation effects in overtaking lane design. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour. 2007; 10(2):153–63.
- Bar-Gera H, Shinar D. The tendency of drivers to pass other vehicles. Transportation Research Part F. 2005; 8:429–39.
- Polus A, Livneh M, Frischer B. Evaluation of the passing process on two-lane rural highways. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. 2005; 1701:53–60.
- Karlaftis MG, Vlahogianni EI. Statistical methods versus neural networks in transportation research: Differences, similarities and some insights. Transportation Research Part C. 2011; 19(3):387–99.
- National Sleep Foundation. 2008 State of the States Report on Drowsy Driving; 2008.
- American Automobile Association Foundation for Traffic Safety. 2010 Asleep at the Wheel: The Prevalence and Impact of Drowsy Driving; 2010.
- Fernandes R, Hatfield J, Job RFS. A systematic investigation of the differential predictors for speeding, drink-driving, driving while fatigued, and not wearing a seat belt, among young drivers. Transp Res Part F: Traffic Psychol Behav. 2010; 13(3):179–96.
- WHO. World Report on Road Traffic Injury Prevention; 2004.
- Smith S, Carrington M, Trinder J. Subjective and predicted sleepiness while driving in young adults. Accid Anal Prev. 2005; 37(6):1066–73.
- Nordbakke S, Sagberg F. Sleepy at the wheel: Knowledge, symptoms and behaviour among car drivers. Transp Res Part F: Traffic psychol Behav. 2007; 10(1):1–10.
- Reyner LA, Horne JA. Falling asleep whilst driving: Are drivers aware of prior sleepiness? Int J Legal Med. 1998; 111(3):120–3.
- Hatfield J, Murphy S, Kasparian N, Job R. Risk perceptions, attitudes and behaviours regarding driver fatigue in NSW youth: The Development of an Evidence-Based Driver Fatigue Educational Intervention Strategy, Report to the Motor Accidents Authority of NSW; 2005.
- NHTSA. Expert Panel on Driver Fatigue and Sleepiness; 1998.
- Toscano G, Windau J. Changing character of fatal work injuries. Mon Lab Rev. 1994 Oct 17; 117:1–12.
- Charbotel B, Chiron M, Martin J, Bergeret A. Work-related road accidents in France. Eur J Epidemiol. 2001; 17(8):773– 8.
- Zucconi M. Distribution of road accidents in policemen on shift-work on Italian highways: The contributing role of sleepiness. Sleep Medicine. 2001; 2(6):561–3.
- Milia LD, Smolensky MH, Costa G, Howarth HD, Ohayon MM, Philip P. Demographic factors, fatigue, and driving accidents: An examination of the published literature. Accident Analysis and Prevention. 2011; 43:516–32.
- Soleimani M. Evaluation of effective factors on road accidents and presenting strategies for reduction. The study of human geography. 2009; 65.
- Mohammadi F. Evaluation of effectiveeconomical factors on roads accidents in Iran 1972-2002 [Master thesis]. Hamadan, Iran: Boualisina University; 2012.
- Farzipour H. Survey of security condition of transportation of Iran. New News of Traffic Magazine.2007; 1(2).
- Office of the police and road transport organization of the Islamic Republic of Iran;
- GBD Mortality and Causes of Death, Collaborators; 2013.
- MacLean AW, Davies DR, Thiele K. The hazards and prevention of driving while sleepy. Sleep Med Rev. 2003; 7(6):507–21.
- Xie Y, Zhang Y. Crash frequency analysis with generalized additive models. Transportation Research Record. 2008; 2061:39–45.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.