Total views : 345
WDT-CH: Watch Dog Timer Cluster Head Node based Sensor node - Master operations in Wireless Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks (WMAN)
Objectives: To increase the security level with improved energy efficiency for emerging application developed under Wireless Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks. Method/Statistical Analysis: In order to get the increased level of security and energy efficiency, a WDT-CH (Watch Dog Timer based Cluster Head) node is deployed to do master operation of the WMANET. This WDT-CH is increasing the network lifetime by handling network’s master operations. The network is constructed by deploying the random nodes in cluster basis. As more number of clusters is created, a stipulated number of nodes can be placed in each cluster in equal manner. WDT-CH is a watch dog timer based CH node which acts as a station keeping node. In each level, there is a main selection and redundant selection of WDT-CHCH node. At a time, one node is taken to monitor the other nodes in each cluster. By this, all nodes have health status in different clusters by the help of maintaining the status word. Also Master operations are included for obtaining node information through status word. Routing tree is used to discover the path for data communication and encryption technique in the path is used from source to sink via Key Distribution Centre (KDC). All these operations are managed by WDT-CHCH node and sensor nodes. Findings: The entire proposed approach is simulated in Network simulator software and it reveals, how effectively energy level is maintained in the network. By implementing the WDT-CH algorithm, routing tree and secured key based encryption methods the overall throughput, Packet Delivery Ratio (PDR), End-to-End delay and energy may be effectively managed. Application/Improvements: The simulation was compared with the existing approaches and found that the Packet Delivery Ratios increased to 0.18% than the existing research works.
Clustering, Energy Efficiency, Mobile Ad-Hoc Network, Watch-Dog-Timer Based Cluster Head.
- Kokilamani M, Karthikeyan E. A novel technique to control congestion and energy aware routing scheme for Wireless Mobile Ad hoc Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(26):1–11.
- Ramalingam M, Isa NAM. Video steganography based on integer Haar wavelet transforms for secured data transfer. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(7):1–8.
- Ashok J, Thirumoorthy P. Design considerations for implementing an optimal battery management system of a Wireless Sensor Node. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(9):1–5.
- Mishra A, Singh SS, Bhattacharya S, Pattnaik PK. A novel area coverage management scheme for sensor network with Mobile Sensor Nodes. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 Aug; 5(7):1–6.
- Micea MV, Stancovici A, Chiciudean D, Filote C. Indoor inter-robot distance measurement in collaborative systems. Advances in Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2010; 10:21–6.
- Roy ATP, Balasubadra K. DAD: A secured routing protocol for detecting and preventing denial-of-service in Wireless Networks. Wireless Personal Communications: Springer; 2015 Aug. p. 1–15.
- Filograno ML, Guillen PC, Barrios AR, Lopez SM, Plaza MR, Alguacil AA, Herraez MG. Real-time monitoring of railway traffic using fiber Bragg grating sensors. IEEE Sensors Journal. 2012; 12:85–92.
- Li J, Jia QS, Guan X, Chen X. Tracking a moving object via a sensor network with a partial information broadcasting scheme. Information Sciences. 2011; 181:4733–53.
- Kwon T, Hong J. Secure and efficient broadcast authentication in Wireless Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks. IEEE Transaction on Computers. 2010; 59:1120–33.
- Fernandez I, Asensio A, Gutierrez I, Garcia J, Rebollo I, No JD. Study of the communication distance of a MEMS pressure sensor integrated in a RFID Passive Tag. Advances in Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2012; 12:15–8.
- Jung SJ, Kwon TH, Chung WY. A new approach to design ambient sensor network for real time healthcare monitoring system. IEEE Sensors; Christchurch. 2009. p. 576–80.
- Gokce EI, Shrivastava AK, Cho JJ, Ding Y. Decision fusion from heterogeneous sensors in surveillance sensor systems. IEEE Transaction Automation Science and Engineering. 2011; 8:228–33.
- Huang G, Li X, He J. Energy-efficiency analysis of cluster based routing protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Aerospace Conference; 2006. p. 1–8.
- Akkaya L, Younis M. A survey of routing protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks. The Elsevier Ad Hoc Network Journal. 2005; 3(3):325–49.
- Lindsey S, Ragavendra C. PEGASIS: Power Efficient Gathering in Sensor Information Systems. IEEE Aerospace Conference Proceedings. 2002; 3(9-16):1125–30.
- Fu C, Jiang Z, Wei W, Ang WEI. An energy balanced algorithm of LEACH protocol in WSN. IJCSI. 2013 Jan; 10(1):354–9.
- Su W, Akyildiz IF. A Stream Enabled Routing (SER) protocol for Sensor Networks. Med-hoc-Net 2002; Sardegna, Italy. 2002 Sept. p. 1–20.
- Kour H, Sharma AK. Hybrid energy efficient distributed protocol for heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Network. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2010; 4(6):1–5.
- Wang Y, Yu FR, Tang H, Huang M. A mean field game theoretic approach for security enhancements in Mobile Ad hoc Networks. IEEE Transactions. 2014; 13(3):1616–27.
- Zhang D, Li G, Zheng K, Ming X, Pan ZH. An energy-balanced routing method based on forward-aware factor for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions. 2014 Mar; 10(1):766–73.
- Dhanapala DC, Jayasumana AP. Topology preserving maps - Extracting layout maps of Wireless Sensor Networks from virtual coordinates. IEEE/ACM Transactions. 2014 Jun; 22(3):784–97.
- Liu Z, Liu Y, Li C. Distributed sparse recursive least-squares over networks. IEEE Transactions. 2014 Jan; 62(6):1386–95.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.