Total views : 350
Analysis of Non-Isolated Bidirectional Active Clamped DC-DC Converter for PV and Battery Integrated Systems
Background/Objective: A novel soft switching technique is implemented in a Bidirectional DC-DC converter by using an Active clamped Auxiliary switch and in turn it achieves continuous current of inductor and operates at constant frequency is used to turn ON and turn OFF the switches. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The Power electronics converter systems have DC bus voltages they are connected to batteries or supercapacitors. Bidirectional converters which are connected to battery, supercapacitor allows them to charge or discharge. A new soft switching Bi-directional direct current to direct current converter is presented in this paper. This converter is operated in zero voltage and zero current switching, continuous inductor current and constant frequency that frequency is used to turn ON and turn OFF the switches. The switching stresses are reduced in this proposed method by auxiliary switches compared to traditional methods. The simulation results are obtained by using MATLAB software in this paper. Findings: The proposed converter is implemented by using an Auxiliary switch with soft switching technique. The output is ripple free DC voltage of 63.5V. Improvements: The Bidirectional Converter will operate at continuous inductor current also with less ripples in output voltage.
Auxiliary Circuit, Continuous Inductor Current, DC-DC Converter, Power Electronics, Pulse Width Modulation, Soft-Switching.
- Jain M, Daniele M, and Jain PK. A bidirectional DC-DC converter topology for low power application. IEEE Trans Power Electron. Jul 2000; 15(4):595–606. doi: 10.1109/63.849029
- Zhiguo K, Chunbo Z, Shiyan Y, Shukang C. Study of bidirectional DC-DC converter for power management in electric bus with supercapacitors. In Proceedings of IEEE VPPC Conference Rec. 2006. p. 1–6. doi: 10.1109/VPPC.2006.364376
- Henze CP, Martin HC, Parsley DW. Zero voltage switching in high frequency power converters using pulse width modulation. In Proceedings of IEEE APEC Conference Rec. 1988. p. 33–40. doi: 10.1109/APEC.1988.10548
- Sable DM, Lee FC. A zero-voltage-switching bidirectional battery charger/discharger for NASA EOS satellite. In Proceedings of IEEE APEC Conference Rec. 1992. p. 614–21. doi:10.1109/APEC.1992.228354
- Martinez ZR, Ray B. Bidirectional DC/DC power conversion using constant frequency multi-resonant topology. In Proceedings of IEEE APEC Conference. Rec. 1994. p. 991–7. doi:10.1109/APEC.1994.316291
- Kim C-E, Han S-K, Yi K-H, Lee W-J, Moon G-W. A new high efficiency ZVZCS bi- directional DC/DC converter for 42 V Power System of HEVs. In Proceedings of IEEE PESC Conference Rec. 2006. p. 792–7. doi:10.1109/PESC.2005.1581717
- Chau KT, Ching TW, Chan CC. Bidirectional soft-switching converter-fed DC motor drives. In Proceedings of IEEE PESC Conference Rec. 1998. doi:10.1109/PESC.1998.701932
- Shiji H, Harada K, Ishihara Y, Todaka T, Alzamora G. A zero voltage-switching bidirectional converter for PV systems. In Proceedings of IEEE INTELEC Conference Rec. 2003. p. 14–9. doi: 10.1109/INTLEC.2003.1252085
- Sanchis-Kilders E, Ferreres A, Maset E, Ejea JB, Esteve V, Jordan J, Garrigos A, Calvente J. Soft switching bidirectional converter for battery discharging-charging. In Proceedings of IEEE APEC Conference Rec. 2006. p. 603-9. doi: 10.1109/APEC.2006.1620600
- Kim I-D, Paeng S-H, Ahn J-W, Nho E-C, Ko J-S. New bidirectional ZVS PWM c Sepic/Zeta DC-DC converter. In Proceedings of IEEE ISIE Conference Rec. 2007. p. 555–60. doi: org/10.6113/JPE.2014.14.4.649
- Schuch L, Rech C, Hey HL, Grundlinggrundling HA, Pinheiro H, Pinheiro JR. Analysis and design of a new high-efficiency bidirectional integrated ZVT PWM converter for DC-bus and battery-bank interface. IEEE Trans Ind Appl. Sep 2006; 42(5):1321–32. doi: 10.1109/TIA.2006.880847
- Saravanan T, Srinivasan V, Sandiya VP. A two stage DC-DC converter with isolation for renewable energy applications. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. Jun 2013; 6(S6). Doi no: 10.17485/ijst/2013/v6i6/33970
- Kavya Santhoshi B, Mohana Sundaram K, Sivasubramanian M, Akila S. A novel multiport bidirectional dual active bridge DC-DC converter for renewable power generation systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. Jan 2016; 9(1). Doi no: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i1/85701
- Jagannadha Naidu K, Harish MK. On chip DC-DC converter with high switching frequency and low ripple voltage. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. Feb 2016; 9(5). Doi no: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i5/87171
- Shobanadevi N, Krishnamurty V, Stalin N. PISB control of single phase quasi impedance source DC-DC converter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. July 2015; 8(13). Doi no:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i13/55446
- Kirill S, Timofey G, Vladimir Y. Method for calculating the power circuit characteristics of the Isolated DC-DC converters for electric and hybrid vehicles. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. Oct 2015; 8(27). Doi no: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i27/81709
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.