Total views : 240
Novel Metamaterial Loaded Multiband Patch Antenna
Objective: To design a compact multiband antenna with planar metamaterial unit cell loading in the ground structure. Methods/Analysis: The metamaterial unit cells are placed on the ground structure of the proposed antenna with complimentary split-ring resonator slots. The proposed metamaterial antenna describes that an increase in the series-capacitance value may degrade to the half-wave length resonating frequency which will reduce the electrical dimension of the proposing antenna. The TM01 mode will be propagated around the complimentary split-ring resonator slot on the ground plane. Findings: Split ring resonator structure in the ground plane is serving as metamaterial and the permittivity of the substrate came down to negative with the current model. Multiband behaviour of the antenna at corresponding frequencies shows the change in permittivity. Novelty/Improvement: Novel structure of SRR on the ground plane is behaving like defected ground structure in one way and responsible for multiband characteristics. The proposed antenna occupying the dimensions of 40 x 35 x 1.6 mm with hybridization of TM10 and TM01 mode.
Complimentary Split-Ring Resonator (CSRR), Metamaterial, Patch Antenna, Permittivity, Wideband.
- Jain B, Chandrasekar N. Field energy approach for homogenization of metamaterials. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(20).
- Madhav BTP, Naga Vaishnavi D, Vanaja G, Jayasree G, Mounika S. Design and analysis of metamaterial antenna with EBG loading. Far East Journal of Electronics and Communications. 2015; 14(2):127–36.
- Sarva E, Sridevi PV. A novel triple band planar microstrip patch antenna with defected ground structure. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(3).
- Rajaraman G, Anitha M, Mukerjee A, Sood K, Jyoti R. Dual-band, miniaturized, enhanced-gain patch antennas using differentially-loaded metastructures. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(1).
- Ajay Babu M, Madhav BTP, Naga Vaishnavi D, Radhakrishna P, Bharath N, Madhuri K, Bhavani Prasad K, Harish K. Flared V-shape slotted monopole multiband antenna with metamaterial loading. International Journal of Communications Antenna Propagation. 2015; 5(2):93–7.
- Syam Sundar P, Madhav BTP, Sri Harsha D, Manasa P, Manikanta G, Brahmaiah K. Fabric substrate material based multiband spike antenna for wearable applications. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology. 2014; 8(3):429–34.
- Ajay Babu M, Madhav BTP. Flared V-shape slotted monopole multiband antenna with metamaterial loading. International Journal of Communications Antenna Propagation. 2015; 5(2):93–7.
- Madhav BTP, Lakshmi Kranthi D, Kusumanjali Devi Ch. A multiband MIMO antenna for S and C-band communication applications. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2015; 10(14):6014–22.
- Bhavani KVL, Khan H, Madhav BTP. Multiband slotted aperture antenna with defected ground structure for C and X-band communication applications. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. 2015; 82(3):454–61.
- Madhav BTP, Khan H, Kotamraju SK. Circularly polarized slotted aperture antenna with coplanar waveguide fed for broadband applications. Journal of Engineering Science and Technology. 2016; 11(2):267–77.
- Mohan Reddy SS, Mallikarjuna Rao P, Madhav BTP. Asymmetric defected ground structured monopole antenna for wideband communication systems. International Journal of Communications Antenna and Propagation. 2015; 5(5):256–62.
- Garg TK, Gupta SC, Pattnaik SS. Metamaterial loaded frequency tunable electrically small planar patch antenna. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014; 7(11).
- Ramakrishna TV, Madhav BTP, Manmohan G, Pavithra M.Triple band linearly polarized square slotted micro strip antenna for X–band applications. Far East Journal of Electronics and Communications. 2015; 15(2):99–110.
- Madhav BTP, Kaza H, Vaka JK, Sravan Kumar K, Sriharsha N, Jaswanth Kumar J, Siddharth DS, Sai Teja Reddy D. Design and analysis of compact coplanar wave guide fed asymmetric monopole antennas. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology. 2015; 10(3):247–52.
- Zhou H, Zhibin P, Qu S, Zhang S, Wang J, Duan Z, Ma H, Xu Z. A novel high-directivity microstrip patch antenna based on zero index metamaterial. IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag Lett. 2009; 8:538–41.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.