Total views : 434
Experimental Studies of Nanofluid TiO2/CuO in a Heat Exchanger (Double Pipe)
Objectives: Nanofluid TiO2/CuO was used in a heat exchanger (double pipe) for the observation of behaviour of heat transfer with flow rate and concentration of nanoparticles at ambient temperature. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Experimental data have been generated in double pipe heat exchanger using nanofluid and Gnielinski, Duangthongsuk and Wongwises, and Petukov correlation were used for the verification of the experimental data. Findings: The results predict that CuO act as a better nanoparticle in comparison to TiO2 due to high thermo-physical properties of the mixture, yield in the increase in heat transfer. Experimental results show that application of TiO2/CuO based nanofluid enhances coefficient of heat transfer by 5 % at 0.3% concentration by volume and a flow rate of 4 LPM respectively. Experimental observations were found to be fitted and revealed better agreement with Duangthongsuk and Wongwises correlations. Application/ Improvements: The results shows that TiO2/CuO based nanofluid are useful for improvement of the thermophysical properties yield in high heat transfer of heat exchanger used in process industries.
Coefficient of Heat Transfer, Double Pipe Heat Exchanger, Duangthongsuk and Wongwises Correlations, Nanofluid, Nusselt Number.
- Demir H, Dalkilic AS, Kurekci NA, Duangthongsuk W, Wongwises S. Numerical investigation on the single phase forced convection heat transfer characteristics of TiO2 nanofluids in a double-tube counter flow heat exchanger. International Communication in Heat Mass Transfer Elsevier Ltd; 2011; 38(2):218-28.
- Xuan Y, Li Q. Heat transfer enhancement of Nanofluids. International Journal of Heat Fluid Flow. 2000; 21(1):58-64.
- Wen D, Ding Y. Experimental investigation into convective heat transfer of nanofluids at the entrance region under laminar flow conditions. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2004; 47(24):5181-88.
- Nguyen CT, Roy G, Gauthier C, Galanis N. Heat transfer enhancement using Al2O3-water nanofluid for an electronic liquid cooling system. Applied Thermal Engineering. 2007; 27(8-9):1501-06.
- Pantzali MN, Mouza AA, Paras SV. Investigating the efficacy of nanofluids as coolants in plate heat exchangers (PHE). Chemical Engineering Science. 2009; 64(14):3290-300.
- Kalbasi M, Saeedi A. Numerical Investigation into the Convective Heat Transfer of CuO Nanofluids Flowing through a Straight Tube with Uniform Heat Flux. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 Mar; 5(S3):1-4.
- Hwang KS, Jang SP, Choi SUS. Flow and convective heat transfer characteristics of water-based Al2O3 nanofluids in fully developed laminar flow regime. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer Elsevier Ltd. 2009; 52(1-2):193-99.
- Allouache N, Chikh S. Second Law Analysis in a Partly Porous Double Pipe Heat Exchanger. Journal of Applied Mechanics. 2006; 73(1):60-65.
- Kahalerras H, Targui N. Numerical analysis of heat transfer enhancement in a double pipe heat exchanger with porous fins. International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat & Fluid. 2008; 18(5):593-617.
- Hashemi SMH, Fazeli SA, Shokouhmand H. Fully developed non-Darcian forced convection slip-flow in a micro-annulus filled with a porous medium: Analytical solution. Energy Conversion and Management Elsevier Ltd. 2011; 52(2):1054-60.
- Ghazvini M, Shokouhmand H. Investigation of a nanofluid-cooled microchannel heat sink using Fin and porous media approaches. Energy Conversion Management Elsevier Ltd. 2009; 50(9):2373-80.
- Sharma Deepak, Pandey KM. Numerical Investigation of Heat Transfer Characteristics in Triangular Channel in Light Water Nuclear Reactor by using CuO-Water based Nanofluids, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(16):1-6.
- Sudhan EPJ, Meenakshi KS. Synthesis of Silver Nanofluid by a Novel one Pot Method for Heat Transfer Applications. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011 Apr; 4(4):1-5.
- Sastry VSR. MHD Thermosolutal Marangoni Convection Boundary Layer Nanofluid Flow Past a Flat Plate with Radiation and Chemical Reaction. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 July; 8(13):1-8.
- Qiang LI, Yimin X. Convective heat transfer and flow characteristics of Cu-water Nanofluid. Science in China (Series E). 2002; 45(4):408-16.
- Gnielinski V. New equations for heat and mass-transfer in turbulent pipe and channel flow. International Chemical Engineering. 1976 Jan 1; 16(2):359-68.
- Petukov BS. Heat Transfer and Friction in Turbulent Pipe Flow with Variable Physical Properties. Advanced Heat Transfer (edited by Hartnett, JP and Irvine, TF Jr). 1970; 6:503-64.
- Duangthongsuk W, Wongwises S. An experimental study on the heat transfer performance and pressure drop of TiO2-water nanofluids flowing under a turbulent flow regime. Elsevier Ltd.: International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2010; 53(1-3):334-44.
- Zamzamian A, Oskouie SN, Doosthoseini A, Joneidi A, Pazouki M. Experimental investigation of forced convective heat transfer coefficient in nanofluids of Al2O3/EG and CuO/EG in a double pipe and plate heat exchangers under turbulent flow. Elsevier Inc.: Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science. 2011; 35(3):495-502.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.