Total views : 536
Influence of Quarry Dust on Compressive Strength of Concrete
Objectives: In the present study, by-product of stone crushed, quarry dust is replaced as a fine aggregate with 20%, 30%, 40%, 50% replacement. Methods/Analysis: The fine aggregate is being replaced with fine aggregate and the compressive strength is determined for the concrete by testing the sample cube. The properties such as the specific gravity, fineness modulus, moisture content etc. are determined for the sample. Findings: Quarry dust is a decent option for normal sand and it is likewise very temperate, as quarry dust is a waste left from quarries. Novelty/Improvement: The quarry dust displays better quality because of good holding attributes.
Cement, Compressive Strength, Fine Aggregates, Quarry dust, Sand.
- Sudha C, Ravichandran PT, Krishnan KD, Rajkumar PRK, Anand A. Study on mechanical properties of high performance concrete using m-sand. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(5): DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/ v9i5/87262.
- Nagabhushana H. Bai S. Use of crushed rock powder as replacement of fine aggregate in mortar and concrete. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011 Aug; 4(8). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2011/v4i8/30896.
- Hudson BP. Manufactured sand for concrete. The Indian Concrete Journal. 1997 May; 237–40.
- Safiuddin M, Raman SN, Zain MFM. Utilization of quarry waste fine aggregate in concrete mixures. Journal of Applied Sciences Research. 2007; 3(3):202–8.
- Joel M. Use of crushed granite fine as replacement of river sand in concrete production. Leonardo Electronic Journal of Practices and Technologies. 2010; 17:85–96.
- Nagaraj TS, Banu Z. Efficient utilization of rocks dust and pebbles as aggregate in Portland cement concrete. The Indian Concrete Journal. 1996; 70(1):14.
- Venugopal S, Nagaraj TS. Cement concrete mixes with rock dust as fine aggregate analysis and methodology. Proceeding of the 5th International Conference on Concrete Technology for Developing Countries; New Delhi: NCB, India. 1999. p. i3–12.
- Shau AK, Kumar S, Sachan AK. Crushed stone waste as fine aggregate for concrete. The Indian Concrete Journal. 2003; 845–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.