Total views : 162
Effect of Frequency Weights on Low Order Modeling of Linear Systems
Objectives: To develop a low order model of complex systems. Method: Modified balanced reduction with steady state gain factor to minimize the steady state error in the reduced order model. The performance of the model is assessed by calculating the Integral Square Error (ISE) and H-infinity norm. Findings: The paper presents a study to investigate the effect of adding input frequency weights in balanced reduction to obtain low order approximations of linear systems. To perform the study, systems belonging to various classes such as under-damped systems, critically-damped systems and over-damped systems are considered. Applications: Model order reduction has fundamental importance in control applications, for better understanding and simplified design of higher order systems.
Balanced Reduction, Frequency Weights, ISE, Reduced Order Model.
- Deepak K, Tiwari JP, Nagar SK. Model reduction by extended minimal degree optimal hankel norm approximation. Applied Mathematical Modelling. 2014; 38:2922-33.
- Gugercin S, Antoulas AC. A Survey of Model Reduction by Balanced Truncation and Some New Results. International Journal of Control. 2004; 77(8):748-66.
- Lin CA, Chiu TY. Model Reduction via Frequency Weighted Balanced Realization. Control Theory and Advanced Technology. 1992; 8(2):341-51.
- Lavania S, Nagaria D. Evolutionary approach for model order reduction. Perspectives in Science. 2016; 8:361-63.
- Vardhini K, Sitamahalakshmi T. A review on nature based swarm intelligence optimization techniques and its current research directions. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(10):1-13.
- Sikander A, Prasad R. Soft computing approach for model order reduction of linear time invariant systems. Journal of Circuits Systems and Signal Processing. 2015; 34(11):3471-87.
- Vijyakumar K, Manigandan T. Enhanced ABC based PID Controller for nonlinear systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S7):48-56.
- Bansal JC, Sharma H, Arya KV. Model order reduction of single input single output systems using Artificial Bee Colony Optimization Algorithm, NISCO. Springer link: Studies in Computational Intelligence. 2011; p. 85-100.
- Pernebo L. Silverman LM. Model reduction via balanced state space representations. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control. 1982; 27(2):382-87.
- Enns D. Model reduction with balanced realizations: An error bound and a frequency weighted generalization. Proceedings of the 23rd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control. 1984; p. 127-32.
- Sreeram V, Anderson BDO, Madievski AM. New results on frequency weighted realization. Washington: Proceedings of American Control Conference. 1995; p. 4004-09.
- Sreeram V, Anderson BDO, Madievski AG. Frequency Weighted Balanced Reduction Technique: Generalization and an Error Bound. New Orleans, LA, USA: 34th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control. 1995; 4:3576-81.
- Wang G, Sreeram V and Liu WQ. A New Frequency Weighted Balanced Truncation Method and an Error Bound. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control. 1999; 44(9):1734-37.
- Manigandan T, Devarajun N and Svanandam SN. Design of PID Controller using reduced order model. Academic open Int. J. 2005; 15:1-15.
- Singh V. Stable approximation for stable systems: a new approach. IEEE Proceedings. 1981; 69:1155-56.
- Hwang C, Chen TY. A multipoint continued fraction expansion for linear system reduction. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control. 1986; AC-31:648-51.
- Lucas TN. Linear system reduction by the modified factor division method. IEEE Proceedings. 1986; 133(6):293-95.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.