Total views : 287
Multilevel Statcom Based on PID and Fuzzy Control
To investigate the performance of Multilevel STATCOM based on PID with fuzzy controller under fault conditions. Static Synchronous Compensator is used to inject voltages by regulating DC link voltages in the system which consists of two standard inverters associated in cascaded to obtain five level output. Generally DC link voltages are controlled by PI controller. When there is a fault occurrence in the system, then time response of PI controller will be slow and overshoot problems raised. To rectify this problem, PID with fuzzy controller is proposed. By using PID with fuzzy controller, DC link voltages are synchronized; a dq reference frame theory is used in this system for STATCOM to recompense the harmonics. The proposed controller gives less Total Harmonic Distortion, Response Time, Settling Time and Rise Time.
Cascaded Multi Level Inverters, Fuzzy, STATCOM.
- Hingorani NG and Gyugyi L. Delhi, India: Standard Publishers Distributors: Understanding FACTS. IEEE. 2001.
- Akagi H, Inoue S and Yoshii T. Control and performance of a transformerless cascaded PWM STATCOM with star configuration. IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl 2007 Jul/Aug; 43(4):1041–49.
- Padiyar RK. Facts Controllers in Power Transmission and Distribution. 2007.
- IEEE Criteria for Class IE Electric Systems. IEEE Standard. 1993; 141.
- Schauder C and Mehta H. Vector analysis and control of advanced static VAR Compensators. Proc. Inst. Elect. Eng. C. 1993 Jul; 140(4):299–305.
- Hochgraf C and Lasseter R. A Transformer-less Static Synchronous Compensator Employing a Multi-level Inverter. Summer Meeting 1996, IEEE Power Engineering Society, 96 SM 452-3 PWRD.
- Hochgraf Clark, Robert Lasseter H. STATCOM Controls for Operation with Unbalanced Voltages. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 1998 April; 13(2).
- Singh B, Saha R, Chandra A and Al-Haddad K. Static Synchronous Compensators (STATCOM): A review. IET Power Electron. 2009; 2(4):297–324.
- Akagi H, Fujita H, Yonetani S and Kondo Y. A 6.6- kV transformerless STATCOM based on a five-level diode clamped PWM converter: System design and experimentation of a 200-V 10-kVA laboratory model. IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. 2008 Mar/Apr; 44(2):672–80.
- Shukla A, Ghosh AM and Joshi A. Hysteresis current control operation of flying capacitor multilevel inverter and its application in shunt compensation of distribution systems. IEEE Trans. Power Del. 2007 Jan; 22(1):396–405.
- Liu Y, Huang AQ, Song W, Bhattacharya and Tan G. Small signal model-based control strategy for balancing individual dc capacitor voltages in cascade multilevel inverter-based STATCOM. IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. 2009 Jun; 56(6):2259–69.
- Mohammadi HP and Bina MT. A transformerless medium voltage STATCOM topology based on extended modular multilevel converters. IEEE Trans. Power Electron. 2011 May; 26 (5):1534–45.
- Kou X, Corzine AK and Wielebski WM. Over distention operation of cascaded multilevel inverters. IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. 2006 May/Jun; 42(3):817–24.
- Kawabata Y, Yahata N, Horii M, Egiogu E and Kawabata T. SVG using open winding transformer and two inverters. Proc., 35th Annual IEEE Power Electron. Specialists Conf. 2004; p. 3039–44.
- Ponnaluri S, Steinke KJ, Steimer P, Reichert S and Buchmann B. Design comparison and control of medum voltage STATCOM with novel twin converter topology. Proc., 35th Annu. IEEE Power Electron. Specialists Conf. 2004; p. 2546–50.
- Surendra Babu VNN, Apparao D and Fernandes GB. Asymmetrical dc link voltage balance of a cascaded two level inverter based STATCOM. Proc., IEEE TENCON. 2010; p. 483–88.
- Blazic B and Papic I. Improved DSTATCOM control for operation with unbalanced currents and voltages. IEEE Trans. Power Del. 2006 Jan; 21(1):225–33.
- Padiyar RK and Kulkarni MA. Design of reactive current and voltage controller of static condenser. Elect. Power Energy Syst. 1997; 19(6):397–410.
- Pal Snehasish, Ray SP, Dasgupta Deepjyoti, Chongdar Labani. Performance Analysis of a Three Level Twelve-pulse VSC based STATCOM under Fault Condition. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Sep; 6(9).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.