Total views : 359
Privacy Preservation in Social Network Analysis using Edge Weight Perturbation
Objectives: This paper focuses on a privacy preservation technique which is applied on graphs to preserve sensitive information present as shortest paths. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Provide privacy in Social Network Analysis by protecting the sensitive edge weights with the help of preserving the nearest shortest path lengths as well as shortest paths so that individual confidential information can be protected from multiple type of attacks. This research work provides more privacy then greedy perturbation technique in social network analysis. Findings: Privacy preservation has a tradeoff between the utility of data and preservation of sensitive information. This is achieved by modification of shortest path length in graphs and also maintains the structure of the graph. This procedure enhances the privacy of sensitive information with minimal concerns to utility. Application/Improvements: The privacy preservation technique of edge weight perturbation is applied to social graphs in a small user group to preserve sensitive information when data is shared within the group members. The edge weight perturbation algorithm can be improved by combing the algorithm with the preservation techniques for the user nodes.
Anonymization, Graphs, Perturbation, Privacy, Social Networks.
- Vedanayaki M. A study of data mining and Social Network Analysis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Nov; 7(S7):1–3.
- Mittal P, Garg S, Yadav S. Social Network Analysis using interest mining: A critical review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(16):1–8.
- Zhou B, Pei J, Luk W. A brief survey on anonymization techniques for privacy preserving publishing of Social Network Data. Association for Computing Machinery SIGKDD Explorations Newsletter. 2008; 10(2):12–22.
- Rajper S, Shaikh NA, Shaikh ZA, Mallah GA. Automatic detection of learning styles on learning management systems using data mining technique. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(15):1–5.
- Singh A, Bansal D, Sofat S. Privacy preserving techniques in Social Networks Data Publishing - a Review. IJCA. 2014; 87(15):1–6.
- Hariharan R, Mahesh C, Prasenna P, Kumar RV. Enhancing privacy preservation in data mining using cluster based greedy method in hierarchical approach. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3):1–8.
- Masoumzaden A, Joshi J. Preserving structural properties in edge-perturbing anonymization techniques for Social Networks. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing. 2012; 9(6):877–89.
- Nandi G, Das A. A survey on using data mining techniques for Social Network analysis. International Journal of Computer Science Issues. 2013; 10(6):1–25.
- Hay M, Miklau G, Jensen D, Weis P, Srivastav S. Anonymizing social networks. Tech. Rep; MIT Amherst, MA. 2007.
- Zheleva E, Getoor L. Preserving the privacy of sensitive relationships in graph data. Proceedings of the First ACM SIGKDD International Workshop on Privacy, Security and Trusting KDD; San Jose, California. 2007. p. 153–71.
- Zhang L. Privacy preservation in social graphs. [Doctoral Dissertation]. Association for Computing Machinery. 2012. p. 1–118.
- Adedoyin-Olowe M, Gaber M, Stahl F. A survey of data mining techniques for Social Network analysis. Journal of Data Mining and Digital Humanities, JDMDH-18; 2014. p. 1–25.
- Liu L, Wang J, Lin Z, Zhang J. Wavelet-based data distortion for privacy-preserving collaborative analysis. Tech. Rep. University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY; 2007. p. 1–12.
- Mukherjee S, Chen Z, Gangopadhyay A. A privacy preserving technique for Euclidean distance-based mining algorithms using fourier related transforms. The VLDB Journal. 2006; 15(4):293–315.
- Xu S, Zhang J, Han D, Wang J. Data distortion for privacy protection in a terrorist analysis system. IEEE International Conference on Intelligence and Security Informatics; Atlanta, GA. 2005; 3495:459–64.
- Rajalakshmi V, Mala GSA. Anonymization by data relocation using sub-clustering for privacy preserving data mining. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(7):1–6.
- Sweeney L. Guaranteeing anonymity when sharing medical data, the Data Fly system. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association; 1997. p. 51–5.
- Zhou B, Pei J. Preserving privacy in Social Networks against neighborhood attacks. Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE’08); Cancun, Mexico. 2008. p. 506–15.
- Liu L, Wang J, Zhang J. Privacy preservation in Social Networks against sensitive edge disclosure. 2009. p. 1–12.
- Liu L, Lian L. Privacy preserving data mining for numerical matrices, Social Networks and big data. [Theses and dissertations--Computer Science]. Paper. 2015: 31:1–164.
- Liu K, Das K, Kargupta H. Privacy-preserving data analysis on graphs and Social Networks. Proficiency Labs; 2008. p. 1–22.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.